Help with my research...

Well, OK.

Shame that you depend on some photos in order to assert human decency.

Doesn't do our hobby any favours....

Take care.

I depend or require nothing from you Sir.
In reference to your "hobby" remark I will only offer this. My passion is indeed the great outdoors and enjoy it immensely. Researching is a great past time as well. Each to there own.
Wish you the best on your trip next year and as my very first post reads, look forward to reading your report and seeing your pictures of success.

Cheers

James Researcher
Welcome to our forums . I am a relative new comer here myself ( three months ) , but l find most of the forum members here to be extremely warm hearted .
I choose to believe you . However , you will forgive our cautious nature . We live in an era where people ( especially media ) attempt every under handed trick possible to undermine hunters and demonize us .
I am a retired Professional Shikari from India ( back when hunting was legal there until 1972 ) and just three weeks ago , two teen aged Indian boys ( who oppose hunting and meat eating ) came on these forums , pretending to be secret government appointed hunters in India who currently hunt man eating tigers and leopards . They were trying to discredit me . While many forum members saw through their charade quickly , l actually believed them until much later , when l realized that they do not possess some basic knowledge about hunting , which every one who ever shot Royal Bengal tigers , will know . We are a cautious sort. Most of us are family men who come to these forums for one or two hours a day , to have a good recreational time with others of our community and talk about the sport we love so much .
The last thing that we would like , is to be a part of a report which may demonize our kind .
Based on my knowledge of psychology , l do find something a little odd about your behavorial pattern :
In your first post , you added two sentences saying " This does not mean that l will actually go trophy hunting " .
Forgive me for my insolence , but that sounds like some one who does not think too highly of what we do , but is trying to hide it , or appear respectful to us superficially . Also , most of us who actually hunt , or support hunting refer to " trophy hunting " as just " hunting " , because to us , the trophy is a very small part of the value of the hunt. For us , it is the experience.
That said , welcome to our forums. And if l am wrong in my assumption about you ( l hope l am , as you seem to be a genuinely pleasant fellow ) , then you will find most of us very friendly and kind hearted . Who knows ? Maybe your research can end up writing something in our favor .
Kind regards
Sgt. Kawshik Rahman ( Retd)

thank you sir

sorry if we got off on the wrong foot

i know its hard to trust a stranger these days, but rest assured i am a friend

in time you'll see

i wish you the very best also

take care my fellow hunters and gentlemen

Thanks Kawshik

I am a former British Army Capt. that has seen both sides of the coin. I have taken both human and animal lives and sometimes I am not sure how I feel about either. Although my heart is good. I am definitely a hunter by heart. Although I do, very occasionally, feel that hunters remorse that people talk about.

Because I like to research things, and take pride in learning (in general) this should not mean that people are wary. Not all those who learn and research are "anti". If anything, that puts the ANTI on a pedestal... as it basically says that the anti are more "learned" and "educated" than us!

How dare you guys assume I am an anti because I am educated!!!

I am holder of a degree from a US University, an accredited "Fellow" of 2 esteemed establishments and also a hunter to boot.
Am I uneducated? Far from it? Don't discredit people you don't know. It's OK to be wary. But don't let paranoia get in the way of potential networking and friendships!!!

I have joined this site to LEARN.

Choose to indulge me, or ignore me. Thats fine.

Not all of us are bad guys.

End of speech.

What, when, and where have you hunted? We have a tendency here at AH to be skeptical of new people's claimed exploits without photographic proof. Where's the beef?

What, when, and where have you hunted? We have a tendency here at AH to be skeptical of new people's claimed exploits without photographic proof. Where's the beef?
There's no beef Newboomer? None other than when I was "demanded" photographic proof.

I take no beef with anyone that they didn't take with me first.

If you demand photographs before you can be decent with someone, then that's a human decency issue that one should take up with oneself.

Cheers and genuine best wishes x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.