Help Needed “FFL that will ship to California “

Steven C

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Thanks for looking. I am trying to purchase a rifle from a member. He is having trouble finding a FFL that will ship it to California. If anyone is a FFL dealer that ships to California, I could use your help. I think we could send it to you, then you could ship it to California. I would obviously cover all cost and fees that you would charge. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you Steven

Much simpler all the way around for you to just fly to the seller's nearest city, pick up the rifle in person, then fly back home with it.

Much simpler all the way around for you to just fly to the seller's nearest city, pick up the rifle in person, then fly back home with it.
Illegal.

Also, the shipper does not have to be an FFL just the receiver. He can even use USPS to ship a rifle. At a shipping thread I had linked an FFL company that would generate UPS labels for you. Do a search.

Edit: Here is the link.

Last edited:
None of the 15 FFL dealers that I have talked to in a 100 mile radius of me will accept any firearm that doesn’t come from a FFL. While it is legal for an individual to ship it, nobody is willing to accept it. Have I mentioned how great California is ?

Thank you for the link. I’m looking into it now as there is some extra paperwork to ship to California.

I work for an FFL that has shipped to california in the past. The juice is not worth the squeeze from the standpoint of business. If it were as simple as sending to any other FFl, it wouln't be such a big deal.

If you can get all the paperwork in hand and filled out, you might have better success. The last one I remember sending took the better part of a week to get through the runaround from the california FFL. I personally would not do it again for less than a hundred bucks above the shipping cost. If someone came in with *everything* already in hand and ready to go, I would be more inclined.

I am looking into the paperwork needed to make this as easy as I can. I know that there is a extra step or two involved. Thanks

I had this same issue to a buyer from CA who bought a gun from me of Gbroker. I did manage to find a CA FFL taht will accept from out of state non FFL. I may be able to find where he was. I think it was north of sacramento maybe.

None of the 15 FFL dealers that I have talked to in a 100 mile radius of me will accept any firearm that doesn’t come from a FFL. While it is legal for an individual to ship it, nobody is willing to accept it. Have I mentioned how great California is ?

Thank you for the link. I’m looking into it now as there is some extra paperwork to ship to California.
I live in CA and have not run into that issue.
What part do you live in, Bay Area?

Same deal here in Dallas no FFL within 100 miles will ship a gun on behalf of an individual. And all laugh and said no to CA. The issue inside CA is almost none of the CA FFL will accept a rifle from a non FFL and no FFL will send to a CA FFL.

I had this same issue to a buyer from CA who bought a gun from me of Gbroker. I did manage to find a CA FFL taht will accept from out of state non FFL. I may be able to find where he was. I think it was north of sacramento maybe.
That would be awesome as I’m located about a hour north of Sacramento. As far as I can tell so far is that the shipping FFL has to go online and get a CFLC form. Thank you

Thanks for looking. I am trying to purchase a rifle from a member. He is having trouble finding a FFL that will ship it to California. If anyone is a FFL dealer that ships to California, I could use your help. I think we could send it to you, then you could ship it to California. I would obviously cover all cost and fees that you would charge. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you Steven
Log into GunBroker Steve become a member and look at all the FFL dealers throughout California that may solve your problem. Good luck, Tony.

Surprised other FFLs make such a big deal out of it. Have shipped some to CA. I am an FFL and the biggest thing is just getting setup in the CFLC system to get a shipment verification. Some guns aren’t legal to ship there so I just visit with the receiving dealer before proceeding. Honestly, it is rare that shipping to CA adds more than 10 minutes to the transaction.

Surprised other FFLs make such a big deal out of it. Have shipped some to CA. I am an FFL and the biggest thing is just getting setup in the CFLC system to get a shipment verification. Some guns aren’t legal to ship there so I just visit with the receiving dealer before proceeding. Honestly, it is rare that shipping to CA adds more than 10 minutes to the transaction.
That is what the receiving FFL’s have told me as well. As soon as you say California, That turns people away and I understand. My FFL is currently calling FFL’s in the seller’s area to see if he can help guide them through the process, if they are willing. I would gladly pay them more for their hassle. Thank you for sharing your past experience. It gives me some hope. Steven

Illegal.

Also, the shipper does not have to be an FFL just the receiver. He can even use USPS to ship a rifle. At a shipping thread I had linked an FFL company that would generate UPS labels for you. Do a search.

Edit: Here is the link.

I'm curious as to why that is illegal? Must be a California thing? Any where else as long as it is not a hand gun it doesn't matter.

... and I thought it was all one part of the same United States of America... silly me .
Believe me, it's not. The US Constitution is a foreign document to the Marxists running (ruining) Californicate. I vote they become their own country and leave the rest of us the HELL alone and take their $32 BILLION (and counting) budget deficit with them. You know, Commiecalifornicate burned through $100 BILLION, that's BILLION dollars, in ONE year in 2022 of Covid money (US taxpayers dollars) for all their Marxist social programs. I can say this because I grew up there from the '60s through the late '80s and it's NOTHING like I remember or even can fathom now. So, let them become their own country with Fidel Newsome as dictator. Maybe his younger brother Fidel Trudeau could become his Sub Prime Minister? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.