Help deciding on a Rangefinder

I sell optics, and own a Leica rangefinder. The SIG is a very worthy competitor, and the one I'd recommend, for one main reason, namely customer service. I have never had a problem with any Leica product, but customers who have had problems describe Leica's service as abysmal.

If looking at a RF/binocular combination also considder the Kahles Helia 10x42. Optics on par with Leica and half the price. I also have an old Geovid that I wouldn’t sell, but if I had to replace I’d go Kahles. What I specifically like is how much lighter it is than the Leica and Swarovski RF/ bino combinations

Dosent the fact that you have had to get replacment or repaired items "Multiple" times take them out of the best equipment category???

Normally you'd be right, but in this case no. I dropped a pair of binos on some rocks and scratched the lenses. Even though it was my fault, they replaced the glass for free. Separately, my wife broke an eye cup off her binos.

In both cases the damage was caused by user error and vortex still fixed or replaced for free. No questions asked warranty.

I've read about Leica customer service. I don't hear the same commitment to customer satisfaction.

Normally you'd be right, but in this case no. I dropped a pair of binos on some rocks and scratched the lenses. Even though it was my fault, they replaced the glass for free. Separately, my wife broke an eye cup off her binos.

In both cases the damage was caused by user error and vortex still fixed or replaced for free. No questions asked warranty.

I've read about Leica customer service. I don't hear the same commitment to customer satisfaction.
Apreciate the explanation.

This is your list of recommended names Vortex Furry, Zeiss Victory, Swarovski, Leica Geovid, Leupold RX, Nikon & Sig Kilo.
Thanks all of you to helping me for finding a good rangefinder. (y) But the thing is that now I'm getting more confused to get a rangefinder for better & best. :unsure:
Will you guys plz help me to find one name which can I buy any doubt. :)
Figure out your budget first.
Decide on either a rangefinder or bino/RF combo.
Do research until you are blue in the face and fall asleep at your computer while doing so.
Throw your budget out the window and buy Leica because they are the best and you knew this from the start.

Leica. Ive not tried the sig offerings, but other than that, NOTHING will come close to a leica. I much prefer to carry a rangefinder and binoculars as opposed to a combo unit.

I have a Gunwerks G7. I like it because it has a built in ballistics calculator which will tell you holdover in inches, MOA or clicks of your rifle scope for 5 loads.

There is only one feature I wish were on my Leica's - a Rain mode or like Bushnell's - Brush mode.
Otherwise, mine does the job out to ranges that you will never need to consider hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross