Hello from Southwestern Pennsylvania

Welcome to the AH community! Enjoy.

Hello everyone. I'm a lifelong hunter from Just south of Pittsburgh, PA. I came across the site while doing a little research on larger caliber rifles. I'm getting to the point that I think I need to "thin the herd" a bit and I thought I might have a few things that hunters of African or Alaskan big game animals might be interested in. I've hunted big game in PA (white tails mostly) and also made a couple of trips to Texas years back. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to make it to Africa or Alaska - unless I hit the lottery or something!

Anyway, my dad passed down a nice collection to me in 1999 and there are a few pieces that I just know I will never have the opportunity to use. One of them is a Whitworth bolt action rifle in .375 H&H Magnum caliber with a Weaver K-6 scope. The gun is pretty much mint. My dad bore sighted it & we fired less than 10 rounds through it sighting it in at the range - this was sometime in the mid-1990's. Safe queen ever since.

So, if anyone might be interested I can certainly create a post for it with some pictures...let me know.

Cheers!
Never say never . Save a bit here and there then before you know it you can get there. Hunting in Africa is not as expensive as you think. Do your research and you may someday be able to go.

Welcome to the family and the forum Bobby, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg