Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci ont hunter&angler
Hunted
canada usa namibia
Hi
A little a bit about myself have been hunting for 30 years. deer moose coyote . we use hounds on the coyote and deer.
was out to wyoming for antlope and new mexico for elk. happy married for 16 years .
been a volunteer firemen for 25 years . planning my first hunt to africa, came across this web site
any help would great. planning to take my wife on this trip will need things for her to do as well
thanks
merlin

Welcome to AH merlin! When are you thinking of going? Do you have an idea on the species that you'd like to hunt and do you have a country in mind? Feel free to ask any questions.

Hi Jerome
the species that i would like to get: must kudu, oryx, warthog, impala then open to maybe one more not sure of what? thinking of namibia ? this is a hunting /vacation for me and my wife would like to do a photo deal with the wife as well to see as many of dangerous game animals. planning 9 to 12 days for trip. needs to be hot for the wife and cool for me so have to find a happy medium for temp. open to suggestions just want to have a great experience.

Merlin,

Welcome to the forum. South Africa and Namibia are great hunting destinations for first timers...Will be glad to give you some pointers.

Welcome Merlin

Good to have you on board!

I am happy to hear that you want to take your wife along.

If I can be of any help please don’t hesitate to contact me

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

merlin, Namibia is a great choice for you and your wife. The temperature range can be rather extreme, typically varying 35° F (20° C) between daily highs and lows and since you are looking at a happy medium for the both of you, I would recommend April and May or September and October. Namibia's climate is pleasantly low in humidity so the dry heat is much more tolerable even during the peak of the summer. Many hunters and their guests will take the opportunity while in Namibia to go do some sightseeing, usually following their hunting safari, so most outfitters will be happy to arrange an itinerary and guide your customized private tour, according to your interests and time availability. Hunters also choose sometimes to go through a tour operator for their photo safari or do the excursion themselves by renting a car, all of these options are certainly available and your hunting outfitter should be able to talk to you about all of them. Of course lots of destination to choose from, but since you and your wife would like to see as many of the dangerous game animals as possible, I can easily recommend visiting Etosha National Park, a popular excursion destination and one of the world’s greatest game reserves.

I hunted Namibia a couple of years ago and took the wife. Went in Aug and the temps were pleasant. Cool in the morning and warm in the daytime. Probably 40's to upper 70's. Saw lots of game and had a great time. One of the few things that I regret was not doing more sight-seeing while we were there. Going next year and plan to take some extra time to do that. Take a couple of camera's and take lots of photo's. We took close to 1000 pictures in the course of 8 days. If you haven't booked yet then there are some great deals to be found here on AH. I'm sure that you will be able to find something that works out great. Good to have you here. Bruce

Hi merlin. I am also from Ontario. Kitchener to be exact. I am planning a hunt to South Africa in October 2011. I have chosen "Cruiser Safaris". Have checked out about 30 references so far. Planning to hunt Kudu, impala, wildebeast, warthog and blesbuck. Their prices can't be beat. Check them out.

Hello Merlin,

Welcome to the site and forum. Here you will find more information on hunting Africa than you wil ever need... If there is anything else you would like to know please feel free to inbox me. Or send me an e-mail anytime I will be more than happy to help out with anything you would like to know.

Enjoy the site,

Thank you,

You will find lots of information on this forum that will probably answer most of your questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,