Hello from New Zealand

TyrannosaurusJordan

Reaction score
Hello AfricaHunting.com. I am a New Zealand collector of all things natural, odd and wild, mostly fossils at the moment (I love dinosaurs) but also taxidermy items, bones, and random oddities I find in beaches such as pieces of dead animals (not protected species, but ones you wouldn't see everyday). I have not been hunting yet but hope to go deer hunting with my uncle in the near future and would love to hunt in Africa someday.

gday kiwi , welcome to AH ,enjoy the site
what dinosaur bones are found in NZ ?

Collect away.
Hope you enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH.

Dinosaur bones are rare in New Zealand, only a few found in the North Island and the Chatham Islands so far. All of my dinosaur fossils are bought. We do have a lot of marine reptiles though.

Welcome to the forum.
I have fly fished for trout on the North Island and a friend has taken a Wapati and Tahr on the south island and another has taken fallow deer on the south.
Pretty county and nice folks.

Welcome!

marine reptiles ?

marine reptiles ?
Mosasaurs, plesiosaurs and ichthyosaurs. Mosasaurs were giant marine lizards, plesiosaurs were long-necked reptiles unrelated to anything alive today, and ichthyosaurs were fish-like reptiles. There were also marine crocodiles and lizard-like animals called thalattosaurs, as well as many others, but these are not known from NZ.

Welcome to the kiwi... great to have you on AH.

Welcome to AH TyrannosaurusJordan!

Mosasaurs, plesiosaurs and ichthyosaurs. Mosasaurs were giant marine lizards, plesiosaurs were long-necked reptiles unrelated to anything alive today, and ichthyosaurs were fish-like reptiles. There were also marine crocodiles and lizard-like animals called thalattosaurs, as well as many others, but these are not known from NZ.

now @bluey does that answer your question? :E Lol:

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH.

All the best from Romania!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH TyrannosaurusJordan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg