Hello from Maine

Welcome to AH!
 
Greetings TrapperErick,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I’ve barely heard of and so do not know much about the 6.5x68 cartridge.
Presumably it is in the general category of the USA .264 Winchester Magnum ?
Anyway, as 6.5 cartridges go, I am quite fond of the 6.5x55 Mauser, 6.5 Swede, 6.5 Scandinavian or whatever catchy name people want to call it.

6.5 MM cartridges are not well suited to the larger animals of Africa.
However, for the lesser antelopes and warthog, I believe it would be a real peach.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Howdy TrapperErick, wicked pissah place for great information ! Hole different world than upta camp @ NMW
 
Welcome to the posting side. Enjoy.
 
Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!
 
Welcome to the family and the forum.
 
Welcome to AH!!
 
New guy here from Maine. Grew up reading about hunting in Africa and all the Jim Corbett books. Have a love and passion for the old German/European cartridges and love reading the posts. Joined to hopefully get some information on the 6.5x68.
Welcome To AH. They say the best hunters started off as trappers!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,433
Messages
1,576,092
Members
170,515
Latest member
AvisNlb983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top