Hello from Canada

Hi Craig, welcome to AH !
 
Thank you guys.

Still trying to get info on the hunt my friend is going on. Talked to the guy putting it together and it sounds like he is the one putting on the show, has rented hunting areas and uses the professional hunters there on a few ranches.

I am a bit concerned as hunt has been moved once already, and if I commit I cannot have the dates changed due to my work.

Seems like there are some nice deals for a first timer on this forum, and I have a feeling it may be a better way to go.
 
I am not sure how a canadian can get the hunting rights to such huge areas to hunt there, but I am as green as it gets when it comes to.african hunting.
 
Make sure he has an outfitter doing the hunt. There needs to be an outfitter license in place also for legal hunting. Be careful as this whole things sounds fishy to me.

If I can help with anything feel free to pm me with any questions on planning a trip.
 
Yes, as the first hint date has been moved , and he didn't seem to want to give me the name of the pH. He did give me the area , I have it written down at home will post it later.

I guess because the price was quoted in Canadian dollars it did seem like a great deal, but if anything goes wrong it could prove to be a huge disappointment.
 
Welcome to AH from another Canadian to the East in Ontario !
Glen
 
Welcome sir there a some great PH's here. I just returned from my third trip and had a great safari with KMG safaris. Check around and see who fits you bill to your liking. And please ask questions, you won't find a better more knowledgeable group of hunters than right here!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
FYI there is a African hunting show in Calgary in January if at all possible go to it. I connected to Leopard Legends and Shona Hunting Adventures through it both good outfitters. On the plus side Rolf Martini from Cranbrook attends the show, one of the best gunsmiths in Canada
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the forum Craig, you are in the right place!
 
Welcome to AH Craig!
 
Thank you guys so much for the welcome! Had many wonderful offers on a first african hunt.

Billc helped get me in touch with a namibian PH he hunted with earlier this year, he posted a thread on the hunt here. I have my plane tickets booked for March , and am pleased he could fit me in when i have time available.

I have watched this forum for years and cannot believe I am finally going. My wonderful wife helped with much encouragement to do it..

I will keep watching the posts and try and learn as much as I can before I go.

Thank you again guys.
 
Dear Craig
Welcome to this great Forum.
It is important to follow your dream - and YOU are in control!
Congratulations on the first step to become an AH member. Here you would be able to gather a lot of relevant information assisting you in the decision of a destination.
Enjoy the planning process since it forms a huge FUN part of your safari.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,232
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top