Hello from Alaska

RolandtheHeadless

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
253
Reaction score
317
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Greetings to all. I live in Anchorage, and have done quite a bit of hunting in Alaska, but almost no place else.

I'm here mainly to learn more about Africa, as I'm planning to do a hunt there sometime in 2016.
 
Greetings to all. I live in Anchorage, and have done quite a bit of hunting in Alaska, but almost no place else.

I'm here mainly to learn more about Africa, as I'm planning to do a hunt there sometime in 2016.

Welcome Roland!!
 
We're all heart learn about Africa. :)
You've found a great resource for planning a hunt in Africa.
Welcome to AH.
 
welcome to AH roland
enjoy the site .
 
Use to hunt Alaska and figured we'd go to Africa when older Wise choice(short on money when young also)..Africa is different and the people we went with treated us like royalty(Namibia)..Game is very acute as everything there is trying to eat them,,so no pushover but lots of it..We went on huge cattle ranches where game is totally wild..What you hear about trackers is true,their ability will amaze you..You can do any type hunt you wish...Only draw back is a damn long plane ride..We booked ours through Travel Express and all went smooth..
 
Welcome to AH!!!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH.

All the best from Romania!
 
Welcome!
Goodluck with the planning.
 
Welcome!

You've come to the right place to help with your planning.
 
RolandtheHeadless,

Welcome to the best forum.

I am a fellow Los Anchorage City Slicker.

Haven't been to Africa very many times yet but, will be happy to share what I've learned from my limited hunting and fishing there so far if you get around to sending me a PM some day.

Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
...Only draw back is a damn long plane ride..We booked ours through Travel Express and all went smooth..

It is a pretty damn long plane ride just to get to the REALLY damn long plane ride from Alaska! But, I think well worth it!
 
:S Welcome:

The Forum is a great resource to begin your research.
 
Welcome to AH RolandtheHeadless! Glad you found us. :S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH from another Alaskan! This is a great place to start your research to answer a lot of your safari questions.

Scott
 
Hi Roland, welcome to AH !
 
It is a pretty damn long plane ride just to get to the REALLY damn long plane ride from Alaska! But, I think well worth it!

Welcome, and now that you are well TRAVELED, can we call you RowlandtheHeadlessTRAVELED? :A Outta:

The thing you'll quickly notice and love about hunting Africa is it doesn't rain all the time, or hardly ever. Lots of animals and great weather! Enjoy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,799
Latest member
Collumjamese
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top