Hearing protection

JPbowhunter

AH elite
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,581
Media
50
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
6
Can anyone recommend ear plugs that only block out loud/sudden noises but not really interfere with normal level sounds? I know this type of thing exists I'm just not sure what they’re called.

I need to get something for stalking/tracking in the bush but don’t want the inference of standard plugs/muffs that prevent me from hearing sticks snapping, birds calling etc.

Any makes or models worth looking at is appreciated.

Thank you
 
I highly recommend Sound Gear products. My wife and I both use them and they are a very good product. Just returned from using them in Africa including a lot of spot and stalk hunting. Worked great.
 
I have a pair of these and they are 5 ⭐️, but they are ear muff style


I also recently purchased the Axil GS extreme 3.0, they are super comfortable, connect with Bluetooth (for music), I have only owned them for a month now, but would highly recommend them

 
I have a few pairs of the walkers Bluetooth ear plugs (Silencer 2.0 i think) and i have no complaints. Midway has them for $100 every now and then. Bluetooth works great, enhancement and dampening both work as intended. Hard to beat for the price
 
I also recently purchased the Axil GS extreme 3.0, they are super comfortable, connect with Bluetooth (for music), I have only owned them for a month now, but would highly recommend them
I second the axil and took them in June but was after plains game so just ran suppressed and didn’t use them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,776
Members
169,618
Latest member
HaiB510725
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top