Have the opportunity my first african safari now what?

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
hey all I am new to the forums. I have the opportunity a 7 day 2 hunter hunt with Ibamba Safaris. I paid 800 for the hunt and it includes blue wildebeest(x2) jackal(x2) and porcupine (x2). I am wondering if anyone has hunted with them and what are the other cost? I know plane tickets are a cost as well as shipping, gratuities and taxidermy but I grew up with if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. So what am I missing here what are the other cost that I am not seeing? Or did I just get extremely lucky here?

Welcome to AH! I have not hunted with them, perhaps someone on the forum has. Did you buy this at auction? If so, then it should be a real deal. Other costs would be if you take extra animals, if you have someone help you with pre approval of your rifles if you take them. Also customs import back to you country. Ask the outfitter what all is included, just to be clear on what you would need to expect (things like day fees, airport pickup, etc).

Best of luck!

You just need to check if that covers your day fees and ph. The catch is they are figuring you will shot other animals. The jackal and porcupine don't really cost them much if anything at all. 2 guys going for 7 days will normally hunt more then those 3 animals. If you don't take other game your going to be doing nothing for a few days for sure

Make sure it covers airport pick up and drop off. You already have your other cost listed in your post.

I bought it from the rocky mountain elk foundation. It says it includes the pick up and drop off. I figured they were banking on us wanting more animals and we thought about adding a blesbuck and an impala to try to take up some time. How much does it cost to import rifles into SA? I was also wondering (and I know this changes a lot) but how much would freight be for the animals. The outfitter told me it was 150 per trophy for crate and dip and ship. Is this normal or does that sound high? It almost seems like it may be better/cheaper to just go ahead and get them mounted there.

Rifle import is free, but if you choose to have someone help you with pre approval permitting, it is between $120-$150 (Highly suggested). I would say an average to expect for dip/ship if taking horns and cape is between $90-$150 per animal depending on the size of animal. @riflepermits.com can help you out with rifles, they do a great job. Take a look at a couple of dip/ship places that are somewhat near your outfitter and ask for pricing.

it cost nothing to get a rifle there and in the country unless you want someone to do it for you. You can do it yourself if not it runs around 150 to do and it most be done 30 days before if someone else does it.

If you don't plan on adding animals you will be sitting around for many days. That is about right for dip/pack and crate but shipping will be more. 7 days is a long time there and you can normally take at least 1 animal a day. Most guys spending what airfare cost will take a few extra animals. You should be able to add impala,blesbuck,warthog for 1000 to 1200 extra.

I was planning on doing the assisted import thing. so it doesn't sound like 150 per animal is to far off.

it cost nothing to get a rifle there and in the country unless you want someone to do it for you. You can do it yourself if not it runs around 150 to do and it most be done 30 days before if someone else does it.

If you don't plan on adding animals you will be sitting around for many days. That is about right for dip/pack and crate but shipping will be more. 7 days is a long time there and you can normally take at least 1 animal a day. Most guys spending what airfare cost will take a few extra animals. You should be able to add impala,blesbuck,warthog for 1000 to 1200 extra.

would you say 1000/1200 would be fair per animal?

When are you heading over?

no 150 for dip/pack and crating is ok but high if it is only dip/pack. That crate will cost you to ship home though.

If your talking about warthog, impala, blesbok, those are typically $350-$500 each in most places

When are you heading over?

we were looking at june but he said the dates got booked so now i am checking to see if he will honor the hunt for 2018 so i can save some more money to go. I am trying to do this on a tight budget since I am military and we all know we don't make much lol

I was saying 1000 to 1200 for those 3 animals I listed. they all run 350 to 450 normally for impala,blesbuck.warthog they maybe higher for them but not by much. there is a few animals that are normally in the 350 to 500 range that would make great add on for you and are fun to hunt

I was saying 1000 to 1200 for those 3 animals I listed. they all run 350 to 450 normally for impala,blesbuck.warthog they maybe higher for them but not by much. there is a few animals that are normally in the 350 to 500 range that would make great add on for you and are fun to hunt

I wonder why he is so much higher then

wow I just looked at his pricelist and he is crazy high on everything. Better try and make a deal on extra before you go.

wow I just looked at his pricelist and he is crazy high on everything. Better try and make a deal on extra before you go.

I wonder why he is so much higher on everything then. I mean from what i understand it will be just me and her in the camp so maybe he is higher because it is more personalized? I would go with another outfitter but I don't think i could get it as cheap really.

Must camps are just one group at a time. You got a great price for what you are getting but adding on will cost you. You may want to reach out to him and see what he will charge you for those 3 animals.
That is just a long way to go and a lot of time to hunt just what you bought.

i got a quote to remove one wildebeest add an impala and blesbuck for 2400

1 impala and 1 blesbuck or 2 each. your giving him back a wildebeest and that cost for even if it is 2 each is crazy. No way would I pay that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildwillalaska

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.