Has anyone used a McMillan CZ Express stock

SRvet

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hi Guys,
I have a BRNO 602 in 458 Win Mag that is heading for a makeover. I am intending to get a 3 position safety installed that works the right way and replace the stock. My current thinking is to replace the hogs back wooden stock with a glass and pillar bedded McMillan CZ Express Safari. Has anyone used this stock with a heavy recoiling rifle? Do I need to consider fitting stock bolts to reduce the risk of splitting or is this unnecessary? How well did the stock design reduce felt recoil, I am generally most comfortable when the recoil impulse comes straight back rather than getting smacked under the cheek. Was the stock a true drop in with regard to feeding from the mag or was a lot of work required to get it to work?
sorry about the number of questions

I have a McMillan stock on my Winchester model 70. I love the thing!
when I ordered it McMillan asked what caliber it was so they could build the stock to handle the recoil.
Email them with any questions, they are most helpful.

I replaced my CZ hog back stock in 416 Rigby with the McMillan. You have to be sure you get the 550 Magnum stock and not the standard 550 stock model. I have 3 silhouette/hunting rifles that have McMillan stocks either glass or pillar bedded. These stocks were so good and tough I decided that the CZ 416 did not need bedding as advised my McMillan. It turned out to be a good decsion. That stock has been totally stable for 400 rounds so far. The McMillan stock I bought has the Limbsaver pad specified. It shoots much better than the hog back stock.

Good question and great news. I think I would like the Mcwoody color pattern on my 458 if I don't go for a custom wood stock.

Valid questions

I have one on my 450 Rigby and I like it!

Sorry about my absence on the forum but many thanks for the replies. Does the McM stock use the metal insert from the original stock to bear against the barrel mounted lug or is the barrel mounted lug now redundant? Only reason I’m asking is that when I took my wooden stock off the L shaped metal insert is missing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross