Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
There's a VC is consideration. Have yet to seen Heym's 89 in 577
Many Thanks!

Why 577 and why a VC?

Why 577 and why a VC?
Why not, just like to ad it too the collection.
I like the looks of it as well. "2nd from the bottom"
vc1.JPG

Last edited:
Addl: Where in God's green Earth can I find that "Acrylic Gun Display" ?

Thank you.

There's a member here "I Can't Thank Enough" that took the time to send close up's of VC's Big big Bores. Round Body vs. Imperial's etc...

Last edited:
I've had round body in .450 for 8 years now. I love it. I was about to buy a Heym 88b(the 89 hadn't come out yet or it might have been a different story) before I saw the VC round bodies. As you can see, I was smitten.

I've had round body in .450 for 8 years now. I love it. I was about to buy a Heym 88b(the 89 hadn't come out yet or it might have been a different story) before I saw the VC round bodies. As you can see, I was smitten.
I'm partial to those VC Round Body's, and inquired any availability in 577. Congrats on a beautiful firearm, glad to hear!

Thanks and good luck on your quest for a .577 round body. Kebco LLC is the VC rep that I used when I had my .450 built. It took 6 months and I had some extras added. Just contact them and see if they do the round body in .577 and if so have one built the way you want it. :cool:

Thanks and good luck on your quest for a .577 round body. Kebco LLC is the VC rep that I used when I had my .450 built. It took 6 months and I had some extras added. Just contact them and see if they do the round body in .577 and if so have one built the way you want it. :cool:
Thank You, I did speak with Ken .. great person to talk with regarding, well almost everything!
Imperial/Round Body, they are both beautiful builds.

Have you sent your deposit yet?
Ha! just awaiting photos & measurements right now.

At this point of insanity, I refuse to commit to a year + out build & I believe some distributers agree, they'd have a hard time giving an ETA, all things considered understandably.
The 88's cost is out of the equation "Jumbo" & this is the only photo of Heym's 89 in 577. ?!? idk.
heym 89b 577.jpg

I don't blame you for not wanting to commit right now.
That 89 is a beauty for sure.

Just saw a post where a member purchased the last New 577 RCBS dies on the planet, as their not making them anymore. Can see the trend, less I'm sadly mistaken, I believe the Big big bore renaissance is coming to an end?!..

I understand these are Big Game Firearm's, but they're works of art with an appreciation for their history and uniqueness. Thank you AH!

Last edited:
Love it! Any close ups of the engraving?

What is the deal on this one? SCI auction?
I could imagine "Game Scenes" would be a tough sell, limited to personal preference. I was looking for a 500, without exception. This was available upon enquiring, absolutely exquisite. A bit too much for my taste though, prefer a bit more simplicity.
kebco.jpg

I'm rambling, my mind wanders. Have this narrow fixation on doubles for some reason. Love side plates, Krieghoff had a unique example, grew on me. As Kevin stated once, Heym's 89 has an art "Art Deco" appearance. Before that, I couldn't figure out why I liked it ;

krieghoff new.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you