Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
There's a VC is consideration. Have yet to seen Heym's 89 in 577
Many Thanks!

Why 577 and why a VC?

Why 577 and why a VC?
Why not, just like to ad it too the collection.
I like the looks of it as well. "2nd from the bottom"
vc1.JPG

Last edited:
Addl: Where in God's green Earth can I find that "Acrylic Gun Display" ?

Thank you.

There's a member here "I Can't Thank Enough" that took the time to send close up's of VC's Big big Bores. Round Body vs. Imperial's etc...

Last edited:
I've had round body in .450 for 8 years now. I love it. I was about to buy a Heym 88b(the 89 hadn't come out yet or it might have been a different story) before I saw the VC round bodies. As you can see, I was smitten.

I've had round body in .450 for 8 years now. I love it. I was about to buy a Heym 88b(the 89 hadn't come out yet or it might have been a different story) before I saw the VC round bodies. As you can see, I was smitten.
I'm partial to those VC Round Body's, and inquired any availability in 577. Congrats on a beautiful firearm, glad to hear!

Thanks and good luck on your quest for a .577 round body. Kebco LLC is the VC rep that I used when I had my .450 built. It took 6 months and I had some extras added. Just contact them and see if they do the round body in .577 and if so have one built the way you want it. :cool:

Thanks and good luck on your quest for a .577 round body. Kebco LLC is the VC rep that I used when I had my .450 built. It took 6 months and I had some extras added. Just contact them and see if they do the round body in .577 and if so have one built the way you want it. :cool:
Thank You, I did speak with Ken .. great person to talk with regarding, well almost everything!
Imperial/Round Body, they are both beautiful builds.

Have you sent your deposit yet?
Ha! just awaiting photos & measurements right now.

At this point of insanity, I refuse to commit to a year + out build & I believe some distributers agree, they'd have a hard time giving an ETA, all things considered understandably.
The 88's cost is out of the equation "Jumbo" & this is the only photo of Heym's 89 in 577. ?!? idk.
heym 89b 577.jpg

I don't blame you for not wanting to commit right now.
That 89 is a beauty for sure.

Just saw a post where a member purchased the last New 577 RCBS dies on the planet, as their not making them anymore. Can see the trend, less I'm sadly mistaken, I believe the Big big bore renaissance is coming to an end?!..

I understand these are Big Game Firearm's, but they're works of art with an appreciation for their history and uniqueness. Thank you AH!

Last edited:
Love it! Any close ups of the engraving?

What is the deal on this one? SCI auction?
I could imagine "Game Scenes" would be a tough sell, limited to personal preference. I was looking for a 500, without exception. This was available upon enquiring, absolutely exquisite. A bit too much for my taste though, prefer a bit more simplicity.
kebco.jpg

I'm rambling, my mind wanders. Have this narrow fixation on doubles for some reason. Love side plates, Krieghoff had a unique example, grew on me. As Kevin stated once, Heym's 89 has an art "Art Deco" appearance. Before that, I couldn't figure out why I liked it ;

krieghoff new.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VIRKaley87

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross