Has anyone flown Mango Airlines in South Africa in recent weeks as of early March 2021?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
As the question states, I would like to know if anyone has flown this airline in recent weeks or has scheduled flights in the coming weeks/months? I am hesitant to book with them as they are part of SAA, but they do have a route and time that really suites me coming up that the other choices do not.

I do know that Qatar air entered into an agreement with mango recently, which to me is at least positive news.

I would really prefer Safair or Airlink based on local recommendations, but considering Mango and Comair based on departure times from JNB to get me to PLZ.

Thanks

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Neither Mango nor ComAir carries guns!
Use Airlink or Safair as they are the only ones carrying guns now. Which travel agent are you using?
We are waiting on our July domestic flights just waiting to see how the schedule is when we get closer to time.
Philip

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
@Philip Glass ,

Thanks for the input. This go around I am not bringing a rifle with me so that part of the equation is not a concern for me. Like you, I am waiting until closer to time, I arrive in JNB on May 2.

lil 2 sleepy

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
South Africa,Argentina, ON Canada, USA- AK,AR,GA,IL,KS,MO,MS,NC,OK,SC,VA,WY
We have an August flight and will use Airlink. We're still waiting on US carriers to make up their minds before making the call though. Im hoping Delta will decide to fly.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
We have an August flight and will use Airlink. We're still waiting on US carriers to make up their minds before making the call though. Im hoping Delta will decide to fly.
My prediction is that Biden will ease restrictions after 100 days. He will then take credit for whipping the virus. Whatever! We just want to fly to Africa!
He has to remove the restrictions on RSA citizens flying to the US for DL204 to fly. This is what we will be watching closely for.
Philip

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
Bump.... anyone else have recent experiences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Piers

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.