Has anyone flown Mango Airlines in South Africa in recent weeks as of early March 2021?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
As the question states, I would like to know if anyone has flown this airline in recent weeks or has scheduled flights in the coming weeks/months? I am hesitant to book with them as they are part of SAA, but they do have a route and time that really suites me coming up that the other choices do not.

I do know that Qatar air entered into an agreement with mango recently, which to me is at least positive news.

I would really prefer Safair or Airlink based on local recommendations, but considering Mango and Comair based on departure times from JNB to get me to PLZ.

Thanks

Neither Mango nor ComAir carries guns!
Use Airlink or Safair as they are the only ones carrying guns now. Which travel agent are you using?
We are waiting on our July domestic flights just waiting to see how the schedule is when we get closer to time.
Philip

@Philip Glass ,

Thanks for the input. This go around I am not bringing a rifle with me so that part of the equation is not a concern for me. Like you, I am waiting until closer to time, I arrive in JNB on May 2.

We have an August flight and will use Airlink. We're still waiting on US carriers to make up their minds before making the call though. Im hoping Delta will decide to fly.

We have an August flight and will use Airlink. We're still waiting on US carriers to make up their minds before making the call though. Im hoping Delta will decide to fly.
My prediction is that Biden will ease restrictions after 100 days. He will then take credit for whipping the virus. Whatever! We just want to fly to Africa!
He has to remove the restrictions on RSA citizens flying to the US for DL204 to fly. This is what we will be watching closely for.
Philip

Bump.... anyone else have recent experiences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg