Hang in there

23K BTU kerosene heater. Works every time!
Grew up with one of those in the kitchen along with glass lamps when the power was out. There was no such thing as the luxury of us having a generator back then lol. Was actually thinking of the old kerosene heater the other day lol. It’s out in the shed somewhere still if we ever need it again.

@BRICKBURN
A useless bit of trivia and information for you.
-40 celcieus and -40 Fahrenheit are the only two temperatures on the scales that are exactly the some
Bob,
I Googled -41C and it’s -41.8F. Close. Anyway, with all this cold weather here I had another nightmare. It was you in a video wearing a thong, standing next to a pristine, warm swimming pool holding your .35 Whelen and espousing the virtues of that caliber to the audience. I was awakened when my daughter in law called and asked me if I had any more .243 ammo. Go figure? Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

Central Wisconsin finally crawled out of the -20 curse today and hit 17 and sunny. It almost felt balmy. ;)
I spent an hour after work just playing around outside with my dogs.
It’s crazy what your body gets used to when you’ve been forced to work out there in it.

Weatherman this morning said it got down to -25C in our town in Oklahoma last night. I wasn't outside or awake to know. That is the coldest it has been since 1899.

Went for a walk at -12C and it wasn't too bad. There was no wind.

We had about 8" of snow Sunday and about that much more supposed to come tonight. The ranchers out feeding cattle and breaking ice are the ones suffering right now. Homes here aren't insulated for this temperature. Many houses will have frozen pipes, along with floods when the pipes thaw.

At the moment all the green energy is worthless. The wind farms are frozen up. Natural gas for the electric plants is in short supply.

Texas is getting this same weather. Just as Kansas is a little better prepared for this type of weather than us, we are a little bit better prepared than Texas. It seems they are getting the worst of it even though it may be a tad warmer there.
Yeah, I was reading where 20 percent of Texas’ power comes from wind turbines and most of them are frozen useless. Need a new plan?

@BRICKBURN
A useless bit of trivia and information for you.
-40 celcieus and -40 Fahrenheit are the only two temperatures on the scales that are exactly the some

I'm old enough that I grew up under the F scale then had to change over. I still convert many things back and forth. I have known that warm fact for a while. :)

I’ll still never forget the day I was working in north central Minnesota and the sign on every bank clock/thermometer in town was reading -51.
After that anything feels doable.

Yeah, I was reading where 20 percent of Texas’ power comes from wind turbines and most of them are frozen useless. Need a new plan?

That is a new one. Turbines freezing. Bloody hell, I think I'm liking gas and coal more.

Dallas has had record cold the last few nights. Official temp at DFW early this morning was -2 F. Second round of snow tonight, then a slow warming trend back into more seasonal temps by the weekend--lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's and 60's by Sunday (Farenheit).
I've had a couple of inches of snow and at least one frozen pipe in the kitchen sink that broke and flooded the kitchen, but other than that everything ok. I'll make it another day or so until the plumber gets here. Not sure if there are other frozen pipes since the water has been cut off since yesterday.

I’ll still never forget the day I was working in north central Minnesota and the sign on every bank clock/thermometer in town was reading -51.
After that anything feels doable.
You know that’s a really brutal temperature. But many of us here are prepared for something less than that, but the poor bastards down in Texas and south in general, don’t have the homes insulated or water pipes protected to deal with this cold. I really feel for them?

Bob,
I Googled -41C and it’s -41.8F. Close. Anyway, with all this cold weather here I had another nightmare. It was you in a video wearing a thong, standing next to a pristine, warm swimming pool holding your .35 Whelen and espousing the virtues of that caliber to the audience. I was awakened when my daughter in law called and asked me if I had any more .243 ammo. Go figure? Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH
@CoElkHunter
Mate If'n I didn't know better I would say these recurring nightmare are the result of to much Bundy Rum but I know you can't get that stuff there. So it must be you coming to realize that the 243 is a useless bit of crap and you need a Whelen.
These nightmares will only stop when you get a Whelen or I will haunt your nights until you do.
Man I must look good in that thong. Now that's a horrific thought you have because I'm an ugly as sin old bastard.

Hurry up and get a Whelen mate or suffer the consequences of more nightmare.
B ob

That is a new one. Turbines freezing. Bloody hell, I think I'm liking gas and coal more.
And what happens with the snow covered, frozen solar panels? Need a Plan B using available, plentiful energy from the earth? This should be a wake up call, but it probably won’t be.

@CoElkHunter
Mate If'n I didn't know better I would say these recurring nightmare are the result of to much Bundy Rum but I know you can't get that stuff there. So it must be you coming to realize that the 243 is a useless bit of crap and you need a Whelen.
These nightmares will only stop when you get a Whelen or I will haunt your nights until you do.
Man I must look good in that thong. Now that's a horrific thought you have because I'm an ugly as sin old bastard.

Hurry up and get a Whelen mate or suffer the consequences of more nightmare.
B ob
Ha! Ha! Ha!

You know that’s a really brutal temperature. But many of us here are prepared for something less than that, but the poor bastards down in Texas and south in general, don’t have the homes insulated or water pipes protected to deal with this cold. I really feel for them?
Agreed. I have a brother in Oklahoma City, 8 of the buildings where he works are flooded from burst pipes. Brutal is right.

Girlfriend and I went paddle boarding again. Will go to the beach tomorrow early morning when winds are down. Weather is going to be brisk 68F.

1613529499838.png

Living in the desert has it's pro's & con's. Supposed to reach 80 degrees in Tucson this Saturday.

Stay warm and safe.
Ditto with living on the Gulf Stream. It'll get cold here but not snowy, but in the summer it's often hellishly humid. I don't think I've ever experienced the so-called "dry heat" of the desert, not even in Turkey. I feel it might be something of a refreshing change to actually be able to sweat normally.

Ditto with living on the Gulf Stream. It'll get cold here but not snowy, but in the summer it's often hellishly humid. I don't think I've ever experienced the so-called "dry heat" of the desert, not even in Turkey. I feel it might be something of a refreshing change to actually be able to sweat normally.
I don't deal with high humidity very well. Even though the summer here gets hot as hells blazes, even during the monsoon season, we don't get the oppressive humidity that other states will have during the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!