Handgun Hunting

wastednights

Reaction score
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, SSAA Hunting & Conservation Branch, Australian Deer Association
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, but I'm curious to know if handgun hunting is available in the world anywhere?

It's not something that we can do in Australia, it is illegal here

Handgun hunting is allowed in the U.S. for various species. Hunting is regulated by the individual states so I can't say all states allow it as I don't keep track of hunting in the entire country.

As for other countries I cannot say.

I live in Maine, (United States) and it is legal here.
In Africa I know you can use handgun in South Africa and in Zimbabwe.
There are limitations to which handguns. We conducted a cape buffalo hunt with a 45-70 Contender handgun in Zimbabwe last September but he was not allowed to bring his .500 S&W revolver along on this hunt.

I live in Pennsylvania (USA) and it is legal here as well. My dad actually has handgun hunted here in PA several times with a .357 mag and .44 Mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg