Half Body Aoudad

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,021
Reaction score
15,650
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all, I just finished this fella up. Hope ya'll enjoy.
DSC_0170.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0163_LI.jpg
DSC_0161.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
 
Really nice bro.
 
Beautiful. My son and I are looking forward to hunting them with you later this year.
Yes sir I’m really looking forward to it! Royal, Cody, Bob, and I caught this one sleeping a couple weekends ago on a ledge on the side of a canyon.

C712BDD5-E0F5-4589-9499-67894611B2AF.jpeg


He was sound asleep and we probably could have stepped on him before noticing him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why does one side look gray and the other side look “more” normal? Maybe it’s just the lighting? How about a shot from the other side (mounts left).
 
Aoudads are such handsome fellas!

Erik, when you get a minute, would you measure him from wall to tip of nose and from bottom of foot to the highest point? Just trying to figure out where I could put one.
Thanks!
 
Why does one side look gray and the other side look “more” normal? Maybe it’s just the lighting? How about a shot from the other side (mounts left).
Hello sir thanks for the feedback. Part of it is the lighting and part of it is the angle. I’ll be glad to take another pic or two if you like just tell me which angle and side(s) you’d like to see. I think you’ll find he’s quite a beautiful ram.
 
Aoudads are such handsome fellas!

Erik, when you get a minute, would you measure him from wall to tip of nose and from bottom of foot to the highest point? Just trying to figure out where I could put one.
Thanks!
Phil
Wall to tip of nose-31 1/4
Bottom of foot to high point on horn-46 3/4
High point on horn to bottom of rock- 57 1/4
Note rock size I can make as big or small as needed. Additionally I can move his head up, down, or side to side to make work in available space. I can also do a whole lot of other things to still get the chaps in but save space. Etc. just give me dimensions of available space and I’ll make something awesome, one of a kind, and that will fit.
 
Thanks Erik! I’ll work on a space. I’d love to have one of these.
 
Hello sir thanks for the feedback. Part of it is the lighting and part of it is the angle. I’ll be glad to take another pic or two if you like just tell me which angle and side(s) you’d like to see. I think you’ll find he’s quite a beautiful ram.

No worries, just wondered if you had a picture from the mounts left side, our right.
Nothing against the mount, was just noticing/​
trying to figure out why the cape was grey blotchy on the left side but didn't appear to be on the right side. Old ram I presume, maybe with a summer coat causing the blotchy appearance?
 
No worries, just wondered if you had a picture from the mounts left side, our right.
Nothing against the mount, was just noticing/​
trying to figure out why the cape was grey blotchy on the left side but didn't appear to be on the right side. Old ram I presume, maybe with a summer coat causing the blotchy appearance?
There is actually a whole lot of black on him which will give a grey look depending upon the angle and such your looking at him. It’s oretty neat and I’m certainly not a great photographer but I’m working on improving the pics. My biggest problem is lightning and space to do good photography.
You can really see the black in this pic and it’s like it on both sides almost all the way down his neck.
F3C89126-377A-4AEE-A4EA-5C8C1F51BAC6.jpeg
 
There is actually a whole lot of black on him which will give a grey look depending upon the angle and such your looking at him. It’s oretty neat and I’m certainly not a great photographer but I’m working on improving the pics. My biggest problem is lightning and space to do good photography.
You can really see the black in this pic and it’s like it on both sides almost all the way down his neck. View attachment 249580

Interesting coloration, black does come out looking grey.
 
Great looking mount brother!
 
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
 
Super duper! I dig those mounts with rocks and landscaping!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,420
Messages
1,575,659
Members
170,371
Latest member
CharmainSa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top