Grissly sticks

Just bought a dozen GS's 650 grain (tow) for my wife's bow. They fly incredibly well. We have yet to test them on an animal yet. Planning a hog hunt early next week, I will let you know how they performed on the real thing if she gets a shot.

Sorry for the crappy quality photo..... It was late at night and buggy...!

My wife killed her first animal with the Grizzlystiks at a TAW of 650 grains. She had a 20 yard shot using a 200 grain Helix broadhead. Complete pass-thru @52lbs. and 28" draw length with her Mathews Drenalin.

She has had pass-thrus with lighter arrows on African game, but not consistently. A wild hog is not the ultimate test of penetration, but I am very confident that her consistency of penetration will drastically improve with the increased TAW and FOC. We are happy with the Grizzlystik at 650 gr so far... Africa in April will tell the rest of the story....

Lisas hog.jpg

My wife killed her first animal with the Grizzlystiks at a TAW of 650 grains. She had a 20 yard shot using a 200 grain Helix broadhead. Complete pass-thru @52lbs. and 28" draw length with her Mathews Drenalin.

She has had pass-thrus with lighter arrows on African game, but not consistently. A wild hog is not the ultimate test of penetration, but I am very confident that her consistency of penetration will drastically improve with the increased TAW and FOC. We are happy with the Grizzlystik at 650 gr so far... Africa in April will tell the rest of the story....

View attachment 177085

Please do report on the performance of those arrows in Africa (next month! Yes, I'm jealous). My TAW is 440 grains with ~ 16.5% FOC and have had great luck with it. But I'm always looking for something new to try.....

View attachment 177085

My Helix 200gr just came in. I plan to take them to Hawaii in a few weeks to conduct the same test. Shooting a Mathews Creed 70lbs 29" draw 582 TAW. Nice looking kill by your wife btw!

I have their 1250 grain elephant package and when they sent them, I ordered a test kit for the 650 grain arrows. I will be getting the 250 spine arrows and taking them with me to Africa in May and July. I opted for the forged single bevel BH's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syncro76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?