Grissly sticks

Just bought a dozen GS's 650 grain (tow) for my wife's bow. They fly incredibly well. We have yet to test them on an animal yet. Planning a hog hunt early next week, I will let you know how they performed on the real thing if she gets a shot.

Sorry for the crappy quality photo..... It was late at night and buggy...!

My wife killed her first animal with the Grizzlystiks at a TAW of 650 grains. She had a 20 yard shot using a 200 grain Helix broadhead. Complete pass-thru @52lbs. and 28" draw length with her Mathews Drenalin.

She has had pass-thrus with lighter arrows on African game, but not consistently. A wild hog is not the ultimate test of penetration, but I am very confident that her consistency of penetration will drastically improve with the increased TAW and FOC. We are happy with the Grizzlystik at 650 gr so far... Africa in April will tell the rest of the story....

Lisas hog.jpg

My wife killed her first animal with the Grizzlystiks at a TAW of 650 grains. She had a 20 yard shot using a 200 grain Helix broadhead. Complete pass-thru @52lbs. and 28" draw length with her Mathews Drenalin.

She has had pass-thrus with lighter arrows on African game, but not consistently. A wild hog is not the ultimate test of penetration, but I am very confident that her consistency of penetration will drastically improve with the increased TAW and FOC. We are happy with the Grizzlystik at 650 gr so far... Africa in April will tell the rest of the story....

View attachment 177085

Please do report on the performance of those arrows in Africa (next month! Yes, I'm jealous). My TAW is 440 grains with ~ 16.5% FOC and have had great luck with it. But I'm always looking for something new to try.....

View attachment 177085

My Helix 200gr just came in. I plan to take them to Hawaii in a few weeks to conduct the same test. Shooting a Mathews Creed 70lbs 29" draw 582 TAW. Nice looking kill by your wife btw!

I have their 1250 grain elephant package and when they sent them, I ordered a test kit for the 650 grain arrows. I will be getting the 250 spine arrows and taking them with me to Africa in May and July. I opted for the forged single bevel BH's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix19312

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.