Greetings

Thank you so much for your kind words , Young Man . It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed my reminiscences , so much . I knew Ajay quite well . He was was my senior . His favorite game to hunt used to be the Barasingha , the royal Bengal tiger and the forest panther . He was personally selected by Mr . Vidya C Shukla , during the golden years of Allwyn Cooper Limited .
View attachment 355446
That's Ajay , beside Rao Naidu ... During our annual picnic . Me and Tobin Stakkatz are on the top row.

That's Ajay with 1 of his royal Bengal tigers .View attachment 355447

I am in absolute awe ... and i still cant believe that i am interacting with a living legend like yourself

i have some Ajaikumar reddy images that i wish to share ...but i am unable to share multiple images here

would you mind sharing your email address with me

also Major Sahab , the image of your " Annual picnic " which you have shared ..why does it look more like a negative of a photo film ? have you scanned it ? may i please request you to take a pic from your cellphone of the " annual picnic " image and share it .

Thank you and regards

I am in absolute awe ... and i still cant believe that i am interacting with a living legend like yourself

i have some Ajaikumar reddy images that i wish to share ...but i am unable to share multiple images here

would you mind sharing your email address with me

also Major Sahab , the image of your " Annual picnic " which you have shared ..why does it look more like a negative of a photo film ? have you scanned it ? may i please request you to take a pic from your cellphone of the " annual picnic " image and share it .

Thank you and regards
It will be my utmost privilege , Suhail .
I should warn you that the 2nd image is not owned by me . It is actually an image I received a few years back ... From a friend in India . Ajai had gotten a book out , at the time . I think he published it around 15 years ago .

I own the 1st photograph ( Annual picnic ) , which has currently been scanned in to my computer and thus copied in to my smart phone ... About a year , before . Send me your email address and I can send you a photograph of the photograph . Hopefully , it should be cleaner .

Last edited:
It will be my utmost privilege , Suhail .
I should warn you that the 2nd image is not owned by me . It is actually an image I received a few years back ... From a friend in India . Ajai had gotten a book out , at the time . I think he published it around 15 years ago .

I own the 1st photograph ( Annual picnic ) , which has currently been scanned in to my computer and thus copied in to my smart phone ... About a year , before . Send me your email address and I can send you a photograph of the photograph . Hopefully , it should be cleaner .

" Man eaters of central india" is the book that your friend Ajai wrote . My father gifted me the book 10 years back and i have read it about 6 times by now . This book is responsible for getting me in love with the Willys CJ3b jeep , to the extent that i bought a 1956 model , completely restored it and used it as my daily drive for quite some time.

my email address is suh20001@gmail.com , if you could please email me the " annual picnic" photograph along with a pic of you with a jeep and also photograph of any allwyn and cooper brochures that you may still have.

its and absolute honor and privilege to interact with you

" Man eaters of central india" is the book that your friend Ajai wrote . My father gifted me the book 10 years back and i have read it about 6 times by now . This book is responsible for getting me in love with the Willys CJ3b jeep , to the extent that i bought a 1956 model , completely restored it and used it as my daily drive for quite some time.

my email address is suh20001@gmail.com , if you could please email me the " annual picnic" photograph along with a pic of you with a jeep and also photograph of any allwyn and cooper brochures that you may still have.

its and absolute honor and privilege to interact with you
Absolutely , Beta . I should like to add a note about Ajai . He was a good fellow , and I knew him quite well . How ever , he and I had different approaches and philosophies to hunting ... Altogether . For this reason , we were not very close . Ajai viewed hunting as a " Vice " ( Like smoking ) . He enjoyed it ( At the time ) , but also viewed it as ecologically harmful . I had ( And have ) the opposite view . I firmly believe that hunting and conservation can go hand in hand . That is why ( When the Gandhi regime banned all shikar in India , in 1972 ) Ajai never pursued hunting again . The others ( Including myself ) either moved to countries where shikar is legal ... Or continued poaching in India . Of course , that just got harder and harder over the years .

Is Ajay still around ? I haven't seen or heard from him since I left India , almost 50 years ago .

Absolutely , Beta . I should like to add a note about Ajai . He was a good fellow , and I knew him quite well . How ever , he and I had different approaches and philosophies to hunting ... Altogether . For this reason , we were not very close . Ajai viewed hunting as a " Vice " ( Like smoking ) . He enjoyed it ( At the time ) , but also viewed it as ecologically harmful . I had ( And have ) the opposite view . I firmly believe that hunting and conservation can go hand in hand . That is why ( When the Gandhi regime banned all shikar in India , in 1972 ) Ajai never pursued hunting again . The others ( Including myself ) either moved to countries where shikar is legal ... Or continued poaching in India . Of course , that just got harder and harder .

Is Ajay still around ? I haven't seen or heard from him since I left India , almost 50 years ago .

I am from your school of thoughts , i consider hunting as source of food and as a form of wildlife conversation . So when i got my hands on the book in 2010 i actually backtracked him through the publishers and got a landline number for his residence in nagpur . I called and the gentleman on the other end who answered my call informed me that Mr Reddy had passed away 2008 . On further inquiry i came to know that he had a son who was still around , so i called him up . The son was not at all pleasant to interact with ..had no clue about his fathers past and was least interested in entertaining my question . Thus i left it there and forgot all about it.

I was so intrigued about the idea of how it would have been to hunt in india in the 1960's that i decided to try and meet Mr VC Shukla , but he passed away in an unfortunate incident in raipur in the year 2013.

But allah has his ways of making people meet ...and here you are on a forum which i just stumbled upon 2 days back ...as i was doing my research work for my upcoming book.

May you and your fellow shikari's live a long and healthy life and may i have the opportunity and the privilege to meet you all in person.

I am from your school of thoughts , i consider hunting as source of food and as a form of wildlife conversation . So when i got my hands on the book in 2010 i actually backtracked him through the publishers and got a landline number for his residence in nagpur . I called and the gentleman on the other end who answered my call informed me that Mr Reddy had passed away 2008 . On further inquiry i came to know that he had a son who was still around , so i called him up . The son was not at all pleasant to interact with ..had no clue about his fathers past and was least interested in entertaining my question . Thus i left it there and forgot all about it.

I was so intrigued about the idea of how it would have been to hunt in india in the 1960's that i decided to try and meet Mr VC Shukla , but he passed away in an unfortunate incident in raipur in the year 2013.

But allah has his ways of making people meet ...and here you are on a forum which i just stumbled upon 2 days back ...as i was doing my research work for my upcoming book.

May you and your fellow shikari's live a long and healthy life and may i have the opportunity and the privilege to meet you all in person.
Vidya C Shukla was a big time traitor ! He was my employer . He turned on his own kind , by joining the Gandhi cabinet and helping her push for the hunting ban in 1972 . But that is the thing about politicians . They are always ready to back stab any body , for power .

Thank you so much for your kind words . I will give you every thing I have , in terms of photographs and materials . Do you like this 1 ? I have many more scanned in to my computer ( And smart phone ) for using in my articles .
Screenshot_20191206-014512_01_01.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross