Greetings from Alaska

Hello NorthernKel,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Have a look into our web site when you get a spare moment.

Also, I live in Anchorage.
I’m curious as to approximately where in Alaska you live.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
I love in Palmer so only about 40 miles from Anchorage.

I live in Palmer, about 40 miles North of Anchorage.

Sometime when you’re planning a trip down into Los Anchorage and maybe have some extra time, give me a holler.
Perhaps we could compare rifle notes over coffee or lunch.
No pressure, just if you have time and nothing better to do here in town.

Welcome from Indiana - the racing capital of the world! ️

Welcome to AH Northern Kel, it will be great to hear from you.

I was in Palmer watching a baseball game an hour ago.

freefall,

Same thing, if you (or any forum members reading this) find yourself in the Anchorage area, with some time to kill, give me a shout.
Perhaps we can compare Rifle notes.
No pressure, just if you have some excess time on your hands and nothing better to do.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Good day!! Welcome from us too!!!

freefall,

Same thing, if you (or any forum members reading this) find yourself in the Anchorage area, with some time to kill, give me a shout.
Perhaps we can compare Rifle notes.
No pressure, just if you have some excess time on your hands and nothing better to do.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
We need to have a Cal Pappas Memorial Double Rifle Shoot!
Someone more Technologically adroit than me needs to plan it, but I will be happy to show up and burn Someone Else's ammo!
I will also bring my Pedersoli .45-70 for the plebes amongst us.
And not to shift subjects egregiously, but does anyone know what happened to Cal's place? Every time I drive by Swamp Robin I think about it.

Hiho freefall,

I for one, do not know what happened to Cal’s cabin.
Actually, I don’t know what happened to any of his worldly possessions, cabin or otherwise.

If I was to place a bet on this, I would say his Mother and his Girlfriend (name of Donna), sorted it all out, plus maybe with some help from Cal & Donna’s former co-workers.
Cal & Donna both had retired from Anchorage School District.
Donna and Cal’s Mom are very nice people and so, I hope and pray that nobody tried to scam them.

Meanwhile, a rifle range day in memory of Cal Pappas is a wonderful idea.
However personally, I am not interested in accepting the civil liability of someone getting injured and then suing me over whatever … name your favorite story.
My wife has a law degree and so, she would be wringing her hands and biting her nails the whole time as well.

That’s my lame excuse and I’m sticking to it.
However, if such an event ever materializes, I surely will be one of the many attendees.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hiho freefall,

I for one, do not know what happened to Cal’s cabin.
Actually, I don’t know what happened to any of his worldly possessions, cabin or otherwise.

If I was to place a bet on this, I would say his Mother and his Girlfriend (name of Donna), sorted it all out, plus maybe with some help from Cal & Donna’s former co-workers.
Cal & Donna both had retired from Anchorage School District.
Donna and Cal’s Mom are very nice people and so, I hope and pray that nobody tried to scam them.

Meanwhile, a rifle range day in memory of Cal Pappas is a wonderful idea.
However personally, I am not interested in accepting the civil liability of someone getting injured and then suing me over whatever … name your favorite story.
My wife has a law degree and so, she would be wringing her hands and biting her nails the whole time as well.

That’s my lame excuse and I’m sticking to it.
However, if such an event ever materializes, I surely will be one of the many attendees.

Cheers,
Paul.
But I was hoping to sue you!
Another of Life's Ambitions unrealized. :(

Welcome to AH. You’ve come to the top site for info on hunting Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross