Greetings from Alaska

Hello NorthernKel,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Have a look into our web site when you get a spare moment.

Also, I live in Anchorage.
I’m curious as to approximately where in Alaska you live.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
I love in Palmer so only about 40 miles from Anchorage.
 
I live in Palmer, about 40 miles North of Anchorage.

Sometime when you’re planning a trip down into Los Anchorage and maybe have some extra time, give me a holler.
Perhaps we could compare rifle notes over coffee or lunch.
No pressure, just if you have time and nothing better to do here in town.
 
Welcome from Indiana - the racing capital of the world! ️
 
Welcome to AH Northern Kel, it will be great to hear from you.
 
I was in Palmer watching a baseball game an hour ago.

freefall,

Same thing, if you (or any forum members reading this) find yourself in the Anchorage area, with some time to kill, give me a shout.
Perhaps we can compare Rifle notes.
No pressure, just if you have some excess time on your hands and nothing better to do.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Good day!! Welcome from us too!!!
 
freefall,

Same thing, if you (or any forum members reading this) find yourself in the Anchorage area, with some time to kill, give me a shout.
Perhaps we can compare Rifle notes.
No pressure, just if you have some excess time on your hands and nothing better to do.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
We need to have a Cal Pappas Memorial Double Rifle Shoot!
Someone more Technologically adroit than me needs to plan it, but I will be happy to show up and burn Someone Else's ammo!
I will also bring my Pedersoli .45-70 for the plebes amongst us.
And not to shift subjects egregiously, but does anyone know what happened to Cal's place? Every time I drive by Swamp Robin I think about it.
 
Hiho freefall,

I for one, do not know what happened to Cal’s cabin.
Actually, I don’t know what happened to any of his worldly possessions, cabin or otherwise.

If I was to place a bet on this, I would say his Mother and his Girlfriend (name of Donna), sorted it all out, plus maybe with some help from Cal & Donna’s former co-workers.
Cal & Donna both had retired from Anchorage School District.
Donna and Cal’s Mom are very nice people and so, I hope and pray that nobody tried to scam them.

Meanwhile, a rifle range day in memory of Cal Pappas is a wonderful idea.
However personally, I am not interested in accepting the civil liability of someone getting injured and then suing me over whatever … name your favorite story.
My wife has a law degree and so, she would be wringing her hands and biting her nails the whole time as well.

That’s my lame excuse and I’m sticking to it.
However, if such an event ever materializes, I surely will be one of the many attendees.

Cheers,
Paul.
 
Hiho freefall,

I for one, do not know what happened to Cal’s cabin.
Actually, I don’t know what happened to any of his worldly possessions, cabin or otherwise.

If I was to place a bet on this, I would say his Mother and his Girlfriend (name of Donna), sorted it all out, plus maybe with some help from Cal & Donna’s former co-workers.
Cal & Donna both had retired from Anchorage School District.
Donna and Cal’s Mom are very nice people and so, I hope and pray that nobody tried to scam them.

Meanwhile, a rifle range day in memory of Cal Pappas is a wonderful idea.
However personally, I am not interested in accepting the civil liability of someone getting injured and then suing me over whatever … name your favorite story.
My wife has a law degree and so, she would be wringing her hands and biting her nails the whole time as well.

That’s my lame excuse and I’m sticking to it.
However, if such an event ever materializes, I surely will be one of the many attendees.

Cheers,
Paul.
But I was hoping to sue you!
Another of Life's Ambitions unrealized. :(
 
Welcome to AH. You’ve come to the top site for info on hunting Africa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,140
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top