Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Green Rhino Hunt / Dart Rhino Hunts in Namibia

Green Rhino Hunts or Dart Rhino Hunts in Namibia are not "technically" legal as the Namibian hunting regulations stipulates that narcotics and drugs cannot be used on hunted animals, so in some respect it covers that type of hunting in a broad stroke.

Hearing that some people were offering and conducting such hunts in Namibia anyway, I contacted NAPHA (Namibia Professional Hunting Association) do find out exactly the legality of such Green Rhino Hunts or Dart Rhino Hunts in Namibia.

NAPHA's respond to my enquiry was: "NOBODY may offer, sell or conduct a green rhino dart hunt in Namibia. Our Veterinary Regulations does not allow none registered Veterinarians to work/handle etc the narcotic use for such a hunt."

A quick browse through the internet resulted in finding companies publicly offering green Rhino hunts on their property as you can see from the attached documents...

Anyway this is to inform and caution any hunter who would consider doing a Green Rhino Hunt / Dart Rhino Hunts in Namibia... Just because an outfitter offers it, does not mean that it is legal, once again a good reminder that it is always important to do your research.

dart-rhino-hunts.jpg
green-rhino-hunts.jpg
rhino-dart-hunt-ebay.jpg
rhino-dart-hunts-otjiwa-safaris.jpg
rhino-green-hunt-otjiwa-sa.jpg
rhino-green-hunts-otjiwa-safaris.jpg

Attachments

• namibia-hunting-prices-2011.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
The exact same applies for South Africa, however you still see these type of hunts advertised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois