GRAVEDIGGER Broadhead Test Video

Bowhuntr64

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
449
Location
Palmer Lake, CO
Website
www.youtube.com
Media
16
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
Canada, Philippines, USA, South Africa, Argentina
Check out my latest Broadhead Test. I hope it's helpful.

 
Based on your testing, would you use that same broadhead a second time after shooting an animal? Or do you think it is a one and done?

Have you done penetration testing with you Buffalo setup? I’ve become a fan of heavy broadheads and arrows (650 grains total) even though they fly slower. I like the increase in pass through shots. I’m curious to read your thoughts and experiences with the heavier vs lighter setups.
 
This is the first of your videos that I have watched, and I was very impressed. I have only used mechanical heads on impala. This looks very sturdy. would it be suitable for bigger critters? Like Blue wildie? Or oryx? Appreciate thoughts..............FWB
 
Based on your testing, would you use that same broadhead a second time after shooting an animal? Or do you think it is a one and done?

Have you done penetration testing with you Buffalo setup? I’ve become a fan of heavy broadheads and arrows (650 grains total) even though they fly slower. I like the increase in pass through shots. I’m curious to read your thoughts and experiences with the heavier vs lighter setups.

That’s a good question. I think they could be used again, provided you sharpen or replace the blades. However, I wouldn’t bank on it working that way all the time.

I’ve not tested this head with a heavier arrow build. If I were wanting to use a mech with a heavy arrow it would be the Sevr 1.5. Toughest mech by far.
 
This is the first of your videos that I have watched, and I was very impressed. I have only used mechanical heads on impala. This looks very sturdy. would it be suitable for bigger critters? Like Blue wildie? Or oryx? Appreciate thoughts..............FWB

It could be, but would require a lot of momentum to drive it deeply. The most durable mech made is the Sevr 1.5. That thing is a beast. I’d use it on anything. Check out my tests of it—I’ve shot it into concrete, thru steel 5 times, thru an elk scapula a dozen times, and thru 5 different species of animals.
 
Enjoy your videos! Have you tried veteran broadheads?
 
Enjoy your videos! Have you tried veteran broadheads?

Thank you. Yes I have. I have a vid test there on my channel. If you go to my channel you can click on Playlists. One of them is Broadhead Tests. Then you can scroll thru it to see the 100+ broadhead test vids I have.

Or you can search on YouTube: Lusk Archery Adventures ... and then the name of any broadhead you’re wondering if I’ve tested.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,314
Messages
1,572,606
Members
169,592
Latest member
digitalonetick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top