Ghost Elephants

Speedster

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
244
Reaction score
490
Media
14
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Was channel surfing tonight and ran across this show with the above title. It came from Werner Herzog, the same guy who made the Grizzly Man film about Timothy Treadwell so I thought I wold take a look.
The best part was showing the bushman culture and way of life in Namibia. It even had a section describing the making of poison to put on arrow tips. I believe this is the same thing that Peter Capstick described in one of his later books.
The worst thing was a blatant misrepresentation of elephant hunting. They showed a clip from 1966 where several elephants were being "hunted" from a helicopter. Truly awful and totally unrelated to what elephant hunting is like. My guess is it may have been a video from a government mandated culling operation but I do not know. Anyone out there who could confirm where this would be allowed in any African country? Regardless, it was disgusting but not suprising the way Hollywood tries to influence people with its liberal distortions.
 
I turned it off halfway through largely for the scenes you described. Lots of nonsense in the film
 
I was in Tsumkwe on my motorcycle ride around Namibia when the film crew were staying there, had a fun time visiting and hanging out with them for a few days.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,429
Messages
1,575,967
Members
170,489
Latest member
wikusvonmollendorf
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top