Getting from Windhoek to Katima Mulilo

Sika98k

AH elite
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
1,445
Reaction score
3,247
Location
Dublin,Ireland
Media
101
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Europe
3
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
South Africa, Limpopo, Karoo, Eastern Cape, Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Czech, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
I’m sure others have done it. Fly, self drive or get a minibus ? This year prior to our hunt we hired a 4x4 from Namibia2Go. Can’t fault them, easy to deal with and they give a great package. We drove up to Etosha, stayed at Mondjila camp just outside the park. Next morning we took a game drive in the park.
After that we drove through Damaraland to the Skeleton Coast and spent a day beach fishing near Henties Bay. On to Swakopmund and a night in Windhoek before we went hunting.
It was a great tour, awesome scenery. I would like to repeat this part of the trip obviously doing the Windhoek to Katima Mulilo bit. Our outfitter in Namibia in May went into hysterics of laughter when I asked him about flying.
Anyone care to share their experiences of getting there ?

IMG_2374.jpeg
IMG_2313.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I flew to Katima with no issues. Very far to drive
 
FlyNamibia has regular flights from Eros to Katima Mulilo, and back, on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Depart Eros (Windhoek) approx 10:00.
flynamibia.com.na.
There are also several charter flight companies who fly on a daily basis to Katima, it might be possible to share rent a plane. Regular shuttles also available.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,246
Members
169,308
Latest member
ClaudiaRig
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top