FULL MOON

The solution to this dilemma is to book for a full month!

There is no bad time to hunt in Africa. That being said, I feel like I see more animals around a new moon. I try to book my hunts a week before to a week after a new moon. Obviously we can't all go at that time. It would be interesting to hear what the Outfitters/PH's say about this.

Agree with Wheels 100%. A week prior and a week after the "New Moon" is ideal. It you must plan a hunt during the full period remember that mid-day will likely be the best time to be out in the bush. Forego the traditional back at camp for a bite and a short nap. By 11:00am the animals are restless and tend to move mid-day instead of the traditional early periods. Remember...A bad day hunting in Africa is still one of the best experience you will likely have as a hunter! Good luck!
 
i hunted with Harloo Zululand Safaris from 16 jun to 3 July..outfitter is located in Pongola but has access and co-shares with other concessions. Actually killed a Kudu and Gemsbok in the Highveld (Drakensburg region) with rifle. They just didnt get close enough with my bow and we were running out of days to hunt!!
I will recommend whole heartedly Harloo as thier experience was incredible..they accomodated me as a bow hunter just like a gun hunter.
more with pictures later..in the middle of a family move back to the states from germany.
look fwd to passing on my experiences with fellow arrow slingers!
sf
lew
 
i hunted with Harloo Zululand Safaris from 16 jun to 3 July..outfitter is located in Pongola but has access and co-shares with other concessions. Actually killed a Kudu and Gemsbok in the Highveld (Drakensburg region) with rifle. They just didnt get close enough with my bow and we were running out of days to hunt!!
I will recommend whole heartedly Harloo as thier experience was incredible..they accomodated me as a bow hunter just like a gun hunter.
more with pictures later..in the middle of a family move back to the states from germany.
look fwd to passing on my experiences with fellow arrow slingers!
sf
yes sir you definitely had the moon covered
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,612
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top