Fresh From Germany: Mauser M98 125th Anniversary Cased Rifle in 8x57

JD Noblin

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Tanzania, South Africa, Natal, Australia, South America, Canada (New Foundland, British Columbia)
When Mauser announced its 125th Anniversary Cased Rifles I was immediately attracted to them. I quickly rationalized my "want" of a brace of matching rifles in 375 H&H and 8x57 into a "must-have-to-survive dire need"....so I sold a few things and picked up the No. 1 rifle in 375 H&H and the No. 6 rifle in 8x57.

Needless to say, I am simply in awe of the exceptionally talented men and women at Mauser who did all the exquisite work on this rifle -- from the color case, the engraving, the stock work, and the fitted case work. The magnificent talents exhibited in these rifles and cases is so beyond my meager abilities that all I can do is give praise the artisans at Mauser for creating such a masterpiece, and say a hearty "Thank You!" to God for allowing me to temporarily possess these rifles while I am on His earth hunting His animals.

I hope you enjoy these pictures of the 8x57.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
15.jpeg
16.jpeg
17.jpeg
18.jpeg
19.jpeg
20.jpeg
21.jpeg
22.jpeg
23.jpeg
24.jpeg
25.jpeg
26.jpeg
27.jpeg
28.jpeg
29.jpeg
30.jpeg
31.jpeg
32.jpeg

Thats a headturner for sure!

That is amazing. No words. You wouldn’t be thinking of selling your Rigby HS would you?

I have always said I have never seen a gun to pretty to hunt with but damn that one comes very, very close. Only thing that could make it prettier is a bit of lions blood on the end of the barrel. :oops:

Wow, just wow!

Breathtaking

A true amazing looking work of art

Perfect for plains game and North America.

Magnificent

That is truly one of the most beautiful firearms I have ever seen.

Love the wood. exceptional pieces. Congrats
Bruce

Just beautiful!
You have two guns to hunt the world in fantastic calibers!
Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdellStarn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.