4. 14.25 - Warthog

My guesses

Kudu; 58.5 inches
Eland; 41..75 inches
Wildebeest; 28.5 inches
Warthog; 13.75 inches

Thanks for competition.

Last day

If I am not mistaken , today is the last day to enter the comp.

Good luck to all !
Looking forward to having the winner !

Here is my best guess:
Kudu - 54.25
Eland - 36
Wildebeest - 25
Warthog - 13.25

Koedoeberg's contest will be ending today at midnight Pacific Standard Time so get your guesses in to enter if you have not already done so...

Alright, here goes:

Kudu - 53"
Eland - 39.5"
Wildebeest - 22.75"
Warthog - 11.5"

And here with the wonders of infra red digital imaging are the correct measurements;

Kudu- 56
Eland-40
Wildebeest -23
Warhog- 12

Cheers
Paul

MCS
Best guess

Kudu - 58.5
Eland - 39
Wildebeest - 26.50
Warthog - 13

kudu- 56.25"
eland- 36.75
wildebeest- 23.25
warthog- 13.75

thanks... good luck all

Kudu: 57.25"
Eland: 35.825"
Wildebeest: 27.625"
Warthog: 12.125"

Willem, here goes...

Kudu: 56.5"
Eland: 34.25
Wildebeest:23.75
Warthog: 11.75

Thanks to all who have entered this incredible judging trophies contest! Thanks again to Willem from Koedoeberg for his generosity to our community. We'll be announcing later on in this thread the winner or in in case of a tie, the usernames of the members who have tied.

The actual trophy measurements for the trophy judging contest are as follows:
Kudu - 53.25 inches
Eland - 37 inches
Wildebeest - 25.25 inches
Warthog - 13.50 inches

No one got all of the measurements exactly right and after computing all of the valid entries to see who guessed closest overall, we have a tie. Two members, nkjonas (post# 15) and 35bore (post# 124) both came within 2 inches of difference.

Their guesses were as follows:

- nkjonas
Kudu 54.25 :: 1.00 difference
Eland 37.75 :: .75
Wildebeest 25.25 :: .00 difference
Warthog 13.25 :: .25 difference
cumulative difference 2.00

- 35bore
Kudu 54.00 :: .75 difference
Eland 36.25 :: .75
Wildebeest 25.50 :: .25 difference
Warthog 13.25 :: .25 difference
cumulative difference 2.00

I just want to put this out there... This was a painstaking process to figure out, and I did it to the best of my ability but if you feel that there was an error with the computing of your entry please contact me by email within 24 hours from the posting of this post and I will look at your entry. After this time no entry will be reconsidered.

Since we have a tie, it will be broken amongst the members who have tied by judging additional trophy pictures. The opportunity to participate in the tie breaker will be limited to the members who have tied and who post their tie breaking guesses in this thread within 3 days (72 hours) from the time that the tie breaker photos are posted. The tie breaking trophy photos will be posted after 24 hours.

Kudu to be judged - [COLOR="#green"]53.25 inches[/COLOR] (measurement for the longest horn from the base along the top of the spiral ridge to the tip only)
click on image to enlarge

Eland to be judged - 37 inches (measurement for the longest horn from the base along the top of the spiral ridge to the tip only)

Blue Wildebeest to be judged - 25.25 inches (measurement for the outside spread of horns only)

Warthog to be judged - 13.50 inches (measurement for the longest upper tusk starting from the base, which is found inside the facial bone, along the outside of the tusk to the tip only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the winners good luck in the next round. I was almost in there only 0.25" off the tie, dang ole gnu is hard to score...

and hats off to Jerome...all that calculating would have taken some time.

Well I was the first to post numbers and was off by 2 inches total and I congratulate the winner! It proves nothing I guess if not how hard it is to accurately judge these animals even with all the time in the world. A PH must judge these critters in an instant! Thanks again for the opportunity!

Thanks for the congrats, I am very grateful to make it this far, just hope I can get closer on the next round. I would like to say congrats to nkjonas and good luck. I guess we just wait for the pictures to be posted now? Thanks again.

Congrats to the Perspective winners only one more guess to win. I'll be watching for the hunting report. THANKS Willem For contest. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg