Free Gun or "I had to use my points!"

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Passing through Phoenix last week and just "had" to stop by the green roof store, On a whim I used my points to get a free rifle just for fun. Wound up getting a Ruger American in 30-06 (my favorite caliber). I know, it's cheap, but it sure shoots accurately. First three shots after a good cleaning and mounting the scope and collimating were 3" high 2" left at 100 and then walked it in in 2 shots. Second was 1" left and 2 high and third was dead on left and right and 1+ high. No cooling between shots, only scope adjustment.
May turn out to be a good plains game piece. I'll be taking on my next hunt unless I get my double (maybe both).

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Always nice to get a "free" gun! Sounds like its a shooter. Can't ask for much more. When's your next trip to Africa? Bruce

jduckhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Awesome gun Cliffy, my son was hanging out with some of the Ruger R&D boys earlier this year and they showed him an American 30-06 that had 40,000 rounds through it and it still shot with what they described as acceptable accuracy. I bought one and am waiting on my suppressor. I think it should prove to be a good plains rifle and easy on the ears. Good luck with yours.

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Trying for next year to Namibia again with Jamy Traut. He's got some areas he hasn't seen yet I guess so I want to go looking with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeArdill

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark