For Trade Magnum Primers For Large Pistol Primers Or Small Pistol Primers

Powder and primers require a license to ship. Several hoops to jump through and a cost. They cannot be shipped by any means by a person without the license except by personal vehicle.
CA has it's own rules on top of the feds. It is my understanding that powder and primers must be shipped to an FFL in CA, not direct to an individual, could be mistaken though.
Powder and primers require a license to ship. Several hoops to jump through and a cost. They cannot be shipped by any means by a person without the license except by personal vehicle.
CA has it's own rules on top of the feds. It is my understanding that powder and primers must be shipped to an FFL in CA, not direct to an individual, could be mistaken though.
Yes in CA, ammunition has to go through an FFL, because you have to register it, and it has to match a caliber of gun you already have registered. No restrictions on purchases of powder, bullets or primers, except Black Powder.

Best regards,

Yes in CA, ammunition has to go through an FFL, because you have to register it, and it has to match a caliber of gun you already have registered. No restrictions on purchases of powder, bullets or primers, except Black Powder.

Best regards,
Good to know, thanks.

Good thing I don't live in CA, I wouldn't be able buy any ammo as all my guns would have been lost with my old boat. Good thing I reload...

Yeah, if you happen to own guns here that were private party purchases, gifts, or trades, that happen before CA required all transfers to go through an FFL, and are in a caliber that you don't already own a registered gun in, you can't buy ammo, unless you register the gun through an FFL. Of course no problem reloading for it.

Best regards,

Yeah, if you happen to own guns here that were private party purchases, gifts, or trades, that happen before CA required all transfers to go through an FFL, and are in a caliber that you don't already own a registered gun in, you can't buy ammo, unless you register the gun through an FFL. Of course no problem reloading for it.

Best regards,
That doesn’t even sound like ‘Merica!

Best regards,
That is INCORRECT. I live in southern Orange County (CA). Yes, you have to go through an FFL for ammo, but you do not need it to MATCH a caliber of a gun you own. I have had many 9.3x74R ammo shipped to my FFL before my Heym double arrived and got registered. I have also bought 9.3x74R ammo from Sportsman's Warehouse in Corona without any issues. All they require is DL to do a background check.

BTW, I do have small or large pistol primers if you wish to trade. Cerritos area is only 15 minutes from my office in Huntington Beach.

Last edited:
Absolutely not correct. You cannot even ship live ammo via US Postal (USPS). A postal inspector called me last year on an order of reloading bullets from a small outfit, because they suspected it was loaded ammo (a no-no). I gave them permission to open the package, which they did.
UPS allows it, but if you declare, you do have to pay the hazmat fee.

That is INCORRECT. I live in southern Orange County (CA). Yes, you have to go through an FFL for ammo, but you do not need it to MATCH a caliber of a gun you own. I have had many 9.3x74R ammo shipped to my FFL before my Heym double arrived and got registered. I have also bought 9.3x74R ammo from Sportsman's Warehouse in Corona without any issues. All they require is DL to do a background check.

BTW, I do have small or large pistol primers if you wish to trade. Cerritos area is only 15 minutes from my office in Huntington Beach.
Thanks, I rechecked this, and you are correct, it does not have to match any gun that you own. My info went back to the confusion surrounding the initial implementation of this ridiculous law.

Best regards,

Last edited:
UPS allows it, but if you declare, you do have to pay the hazmat fee.
Ammo must be declared; pretty serious penalty if you don't. No Hazmat fee for loaded ammunition. Just need the new small arms sticker on the box. UPS had them at the main office.

don't ask, don't tell. -WJ Clinton LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SSG Joe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.