For Sale LNIB Sako M85 Bavarian In .30-06

Reg26

AH senior member
Reaction score
I am offering an unfired, LNIB Sako M85 Bavarian in .30-06. I have two other .30-06s, including another M85, so I am letting this one go to make room for other rifles.

Asking $2000, which would equal my original cost plus shipping to your FFL in the US.

IMG_2765.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2766.jpeg
IMG_2767.jpeg
IMG_2768.jpeg
IMG_2769.jpeg
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg
IMG_2772.jpeg

OMG what a rifle! I need another 06 like I need a hole in my head. I'm in the middle of having a rifle built right now or I'd buy this. Outstanding rifle, someone is going to get a hellava gun!!!!!:K Love Eyes:

If it were left handed, it would be mine… Nice rifle!

Where is the gun located?

What is weight of bare gun ? Barrel length ? LOP ? Thanx

Real nice! I’m

(1) Any chance you have the Optilock rings and bases too?
(2) Is that a crack in the forearm of the stock?

Last edited:
(1) Any chance you have the Optilock rings and bases too?
(2) Is that a crack in the forearm of the stock?
(1) I may have some optilock rings, but I doubt I have bases. This rifle never had bases of any kind installed on it. I’ll look and follow up
(2) No, there are no cracks. Not sure which picture you are referring to.

(1) I may have some optilock rings, but I doubt I have bases. This rifle never had bases of any kind installed on it. I’ll look and follow up
(2) No, there are no cracks. Not sure which picture you are referring to.
IMG_2800.jpeg

I have one set of 1” extra low optilock rings only.

I believe that the bases are integral with the reciever.
No, not on the M85. They are milled to except the dovetailed optilock bases, but to mount a scope you still need bases and rings.

No, not on the M85. They are milled to except the dovetailed optilock bases, but to mount a scope you still need bases and rings.
So the bases must dovetail on the receiver then. Its shame that they changed that system.

No, there are no cracks. I’ll attach more pictures from multiple angles here, that is just woodgrain running parallel to the barrel. I agree that in the picture it gives the impression of a crack but it completely smooth and just a natural grain line of the wood.

IMG_2801.jpeg
IMG_2802.jpeg
IMG_2803.jpeg
IMG_2804.jpeg
IMG_2806.jpeg
IMG_2807.jpeg
IMG_2808.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of options for scope mounting. They have the optilok bases and rings, they also make a optilok ring mount, that is a one piece design. Leupold makes a one piece ring set, and Talley makes a slip on base that is milled on top for whichever Talley ring set you need. Beautiful stock on this rifle, surprised it’s still for sale! Good luck and hope it sells soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.