For Sale Custom 416 Taylor On Remington 700 - Houston

Yup! It appears I'm keeping this one. Time to buy brass!
No need to buy brass. Just run your .458 WM brass through the Taylor dies and you’ll have .416 Taylor brass?

No need to buy brass. Just run your .458 WM brass through the Taylor dies and you’ll have .416 Taylor brass?

All my 458 Mag brass went with my Lott when I sold it.

Bet I know a guy who will give you some 458 brass back!

Oh ok. Well I’ll keep my eye out for some .458 brass for you. I bought some Norma on Midway USA several months ago when it was on sale. I’ll check around.

I’ve got a pile of it, plus all that Tim traded with the Lott. But I’m sure Toby has a cache of it around too!
I’m easily confused! Who’s on first (who bought the Lott?), what’s on second (what happened to the Lott cases?), and where’s on third ( where’s the rest of the story?) Ha! Ha! Ha!

I traded the Lott and ammo (458
mag and Lott) to Cody to get my No 1 300 H&H back.

The rest of the story is he told me I should’ve never sold the 300 H&H in the first place and he was right !

@tarbe Well you kept your promise to just rent the 450 for a while, so the Lady of the house will be happy with you:rolleyes:
I wondered about you having a m700as a DG rifle:( But when you change your mind on DG we can find you something to rent again;)

@tarbe Well you kept your promise to just rent the 450 for a while, so the Lady of the house will be happy with you:rolleyes:
I wondered about you having a m700as a DG rifle:( But when you change your mind on DG we can find you something to rent again;)
Or he can just come over and get the Lott or anything else I have for that matter and go hunt, I don’t even charge rental fees.
I don’t fall into the M700 hating crowd and would not hesitate to hunt DG with a 700. I have experienced exactly 0 failures with them, some shot sparingly some on their second and third barrels. Even own two of them in the dreaded 416 RM and haven’t had any issues. A lot of the issues that people have had, turn out to be issues that they didn’t personally have but either heard or read about from someone that they regard as an authoritative figure. But then again I haven’t had to hang by my feet in a snare and operate a push feed (or CRF for that matter) while being attacked by a syphiliptic lion hopped up on LSD either but that seems to always be brought up in the argument.
I do hunt with CRF rifles so I am definitely not down playing the added insurance that they offer while hunting DG, just saying I don’t feel disadvantaged by a M700. Then again I fly fish in sneakers and cut off wranglers instead of Simms waders and felt soled boots, my casting is probably as non traditional as a M700 but I’ve found plenty of reliability in both.
05309ECC-FD2E-4D78-A302-9B35B5966B5A.jpeg

I don't have a problem with a M700 as a DG rifle as long as you have thoroughly tested and are comfortable with your rifle. I am one of the guys that had a failure with a 700 to eject. But is was on a small 22/250 custom that had a faulty part that the temper was jacked up by the guy I bought it from. All that said I have just never warmed up to remington M700 as most of my early rifles were hand me downs of winchester or ruger manufacturer. The 416 remington is a nice round as are most of the 416's. I own 3 different 416's. Just not a taylor or remington just because I have the others and don't need to figure out brass for another... Plus I have to be a bad influence of some kind and I am sure that Cody will have a fire sale that @tarbe can benefit:love:

I don't have a problem with a M700 as a DG rifle as long as you have thoroughly tested and are comfortable with your rifle. I am one of the guys that had a failure with a 700 to eject. But is was on a small 22/250 custom that had a faulty part that the temper was jacked up by the guy I bought it from. All that said I have just never warmed up to remington M700 as most of my early rifles were hand me downs of winchester or ruger manufacturer. The 416 remington is a nice round as are most of the 416's. I own 3 different 416's. Just not a taylor or remington just because I have the others and don't need to figure out brass for another... Plus I have to be a bad influence of some kind and I am sure that Cody will have a fire sale that @tarbe can benefit:love:
I just wish someone would buy this one so he doesn’t sell his M94 special!

I just wish someone would buy this one so he doesn’t sell his M94 special!

Yup, that 59 year old 94 32 Special is probably next up. That or the No 1 30-40 Krag. :confused:

Yup, that 59 year old 94 32 Special is probably next up. That or the No 1 30-40 Krag. :confused:
You getting the 30-40 for a 30-40 krag only elk hunt cost me 3600 bucks by the time I bought the limited edition then the 1895 to actually hunt with and reloading equipment! So just quit with that idea until we actually kill an elk with 30-40’s! :cautious:

You getting the 30-40 for a 30-40 krag only elk hunt cost me 3600 bucks by the time I bought the limited edition then the 1895 to actually hunt with and reloading equipment! So just quit with that idea until we actually kill an elk with 30-40’s! :cautious:

I'm more expensive than a wife!!

Well, maybe not....

Dang...Midway had a killer price on 350gr MagTips. I just had to buy 200.

Now that I am up to 600 416 bullets I CAN'T sell this rifle.

The addiction continues......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirley599

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !