Flying through Paris with rifles?

@Tanks … thx for your input & question: I’ve heard very little about Turkish Airlines & transiting Istanbul - you’ve had good luck w/ this Airlines, route & traveling w/ rifles?

My last trophy crate from Namibia to Frankfurt was via Turkish Airlines & best rates to date.
CdG is one of the worst airports I have been in though after the last time I have avoided it like a plague, so don't know if it has changed for the better in the last 5 years or so.

Biggest issue I have had was having to go through security all over again when transiting through and switching terminals in international flights and for multiple trips it was always under construction.

If I can't fly direct to an international destination I take Turkish Airlines and do the transiting in Istanbul if practical. Going with Emirates in a week and might try Qatar in the future if needed based on the reviews here.
 
In line through CDG second security which was moving rather slow, my hunting buddy started bitching about "France". Overheard by a woman in front of him, she turned around and eloquently stated in a thick French accent, "Sir, theese is not France, this is Pareese". Got a good laugh out of that one.
Yeah, that airport is a mess too.
 
@Tanks … thx for your input & question: I’ve heard very little about Turkish Airlines & transiting Istanbul - you’ve had good luck w/ this Airlines, route & traveling w/ rifles?

My last trophy crate from Namibia to Frankfurt was via Turkish Airlines & best rates to date.
I have had great service traveling with the airline. However, your average airline agent is clueless about the form you have to fill with to travel with a firearm (like most airline agents). I used a travel agent to handle all that and it was smooth.
 
CdG is one of the worst airports I have been in though after the last time I have avoided it like a plague, so don't know if it has changed for the better in the last 5 years or so.

Biggest issue I have had was having to go through security all over again when transiting through and switching terminals in international flights and for multiple trips it was always under construction.

If I can't fly direct to an international destination I take Turkish Airlines and do the transiting in Istanbul if practical. Going with Emirates in a week and might try Qatar in the future if needed based on the reviews here.
I haven't flown through CDG in some time. I don't really recall any particular issues except for having my carry-on searched without explanation. Nothing more than an eye-rolling experience but I don't much care for being delayed getting on my plane right at the gate.
 
@Tanks … thx for your input & question: I’ve heard very little about Turkish Airlines & transiting Istanbul - you’ve had good luck w/ this Airlines, route & traveling w/ rifles?

My last trophy crate from Namibia to Frankfurt was via Turkish Airlines & best rates to date.

Just two weeks ago, I went thru Istanbul. My plane was late arriving, and they where pulling transfer passengers like myself and taking them to a elevator near your connecting gate and going thru security there. Very efficient. Unfortunately, because of the lateness unable to use the lounge. I am due in two days to transfer again in Istanbul. I see see how that goes. This was without guns.

I have a friend that uses Turkish all the time with guns and he reports no problems.
 
Just two weeks ago, I went thru Istanbul. My plane was late arriving, and they where pulling transfer passengers like myself and taking them to a elevator near your connecting gate and going thru security there. Very efficient. Unfortunately, because of the lateness unable to use the lounge. I am due in two days to transfer again in Istanbul. I see see how that goes. This was without guns.

I have a friend that uses Turkish all the time with guns and he reports no problems.
Thx for the ‘boots on the ground’ & real-time update … hopefully, you will have the connection downtime on your return to checkout the lounge. Also important Intel on your friends successful using Turkish Airlines w/ rifles …

Sadly, I’ve passed on very good Turkish airfare deals & merely out of ignorance of not knowing and/or not willing to roll the dice on smooth or rough Rifle transport experience!?

For me … COVID has proven one thing, I need to consider branching out from my go-to carrier or at a minimum have an optional ‘short-list’ of known reliable carriers fir both people/weapons. In my humble opinion, some carriers have become shall I say ‘more challenging’ towards weapon transports then just afew years ago with their Co. process, limitations, case sizes to rates (doubled), & others - some Airports NOT authorizing rifle case transfers for connections, etc.

Thx!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,863
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top