Florida bear?

FWC WANTS TO AND THEY NEED TOO, BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY ANTI'S AND ANTI JUDGES TO LET IT HAPPEN.
 
I think they tried pretty hard 8 or 10 years ago. It may have opened briefly but was shut down rather quickly.
 
We have a HUGE problem with bears in our area. If they would bring it back, or allow tags to become readily available for a season, it would be GREAT.
 
I see them on the Cellular trail cam I have on my property near Cedar Key, but never when I'm there. If tags become available I'll jump on one.
 
Hasn't been a season since 2015. FWC is conducting public comment meetings around the state to gauge interest. Hopefully, it will move forward.
 
What I was told they had a set number that they wanted taken
And that number was hit on day 1
So they cut the season

That just means there are way to many bear

Nah, any good anti-hunter will tall you that means it's too easy to hunt them, hunting them is unfair, and you are a monster for hunting them. :D

That's what Wisconsin anti-hunters and politicians said when they closed wolf season in Wisconsin after a very short window because they hit quota so fast.

Which might have something to do with the wolf population being absolutely massive there....but nah. :D
 
....just like the damn pythons moving north from the 'glades.
 
Nah, any good anti-hunter will tall you that means it's too easy to hunt them, hunting them is unfair, and you are a monster for hunting them. :D

That's what Wisconsin anti-hunters and politicians said when they closed wolf season in Wisconsin after a very short window because they hit quota so fast.

Which might have something to do with the wolf population being absolutely massive there....but nah. :D
I don’t mind being a monster
 
Hasn't been a season since 2015. FWC is conducting public comment meetings around the state to gauge interest. Hopefully, it will move forward.
I hunted with my dad down at camp dixey
About 1/2 way to Carabell the last year of the hunt before the stop. They killed more bear down there than the previous 5 years.

You could not keep a bee hive down there they were destroyeing the electric fence arms them all the time
The problem is the bear have gotten bigger
I think they had to be 75 lbs and finally went to 100 lbs. the ones you see now are a lot closer to 400-500 lbs that a different animal there.
 
@Flbt we visit friends in Apalachicola and Ken has talked about the bears when he was deer hunting the area. they reopen the season
 
@Flbt we visit friends in Apalachicola and Ken has talked about the bears when he was deer hunting the area. they reopen the season

We go to apalachicola scalloping every year and 2 years ago there were bear tracks on the shoulder of the road next to our house we were renting.
 
Heck, friends in Destin near the main drag leave one of their orange trees for the bear hoping the bear leave the one near the house alone.
 

Attachments

  • C063A76D-8BC1-4ED7-9089-76D6058003CE.jpeg
    C063A76D-8BC1-4ED7-9089-76D6058003CE.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 166
I was told today from someone that works with Fwc. They say that Fwc really wants it open.
Just going to be up to the law makers and possibly the courts
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,612
Members
169,382
Latest member
MarilynMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top