Flir Scout II

petrusg

AH elite
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
662
Location
South Africa
Deals & offers
28
Media
109
Articles
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Just purchased myself the Flir Scout II - waiting on delivery.

Does anyone have one - whats your thoughts?
 
OK, call me ignorant. But what is a Flir Scout II?
 
For that price I think that I'll stick with my tracking skills.

I would be fun to play with.
 
adriaan we have one, not sure if its a mk2 or not. they are vgood and ours is used mostly at night looking for 2 legged things and on the river at night for similar. they pick up the heat from bare feet on a stone floor briefly after you walk on it as finn found out when messing around with it . so yes excellent kit. going to check out their newish scope which is said to be "reasonably priced"............:whistle:
 
can it be used during day and night or only night or lowlight ?
 
whats the battery life on one of these heat seekers?
can you get a good play , or are you forever changing power paks .......
 
dont know the exact battery life but its not bad. you dont have it switched on all the time . we have a check around for a couple of mins and turn off , but on the river one night we had it on quite a lot over a 4 hour period. just checked and the website says approx 5hrs battery life .
 
a dog seems to be much cheaper and it works for kibble and a few belly rubs
 
a dog seems to be much cheaper and it works for kibble and a few belly rubs

But a dog doesn't make stuff glow in the dark! :A Thumbs Up:
 
Thanx @spike.t - looking forward to playing with it on the next follow up :)
 
and not too good on the river....too many dogs of the flat variety.....;)

there will be one less in a couple of weeks .......;):D
 
there will be one less in a couple of weeks .......;):D
There awesome Bluey .
Tried one pig hunting , they cant sleep under tussocks 600 yrds away anymore , this thing picks them up .
 
aim, exhale, hold and squeeze. best of luck

you mean. range, draw ,anchor , aim and release ........... zooooink.:D:D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,022
Members
169,227
Latest member
SusieParra
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top