Flights

Having to go further east than you need to and stopping in Dubai is a bit of a drawback. As is the likelihood that you may not have a gate for the plane to stop at. This means you'll have to get on a bus and take a ride to the terminal. A ride that seems much longer than it should be from my one experience.

But those folks know how to run an airline. Service is amazing and friendly. The planes are noticeably cleaner than other airlines. And even if you were in coach, you'd be overfed with food by airline standards is quite good. If you can schedule to keep your layover to no more than 3 hours, I think all and all you'll prefer Emirates.
Having flown in to and out of Dubai only once, I had to catch a bus from the terminal I arrived in to the one I was departing from. But both of the planes did pull up to a gate the best I remember. I have flown many times to western European airports where a bus had to pick us up planeside and take us to the terminal. For me, I don't see this as an issue since I have had to do so many times. Haven't been to Joberg as yet, but will find out in July!
 
I just checked some august fares, if you want to fly out of the way to Canada, their are fares well under $1000, but its two stops. One stop from DFW - Etihad, Qatar and Emirates are 1300 to 1500 coach. One of the Emirates flights will get you in at 5:30 AM that give you lots of time to make a transfer. If you want to bump up to a real Premium Economy product, not that 2 extra inches that DL calls Eco+, BA is at 2K. And business from DFW on Qatar is $3400, and that's cheap for business.
 
I just checked some august fares, if you want to fly out of the way to Canada, their are fares well under $1000, but its two stops. One stop from DFW - Etihad, Qatar and Emirates are 1300 to 1500 coach. One of the Emirates flights will get you in at 5:30 AM that give you lots of time to make a transfer. If you want to bump up to a real Premium Economy product, not that 2 extra inches that DL calls Eco+, BA is at 2K. And business from DFW on Qatar is $3400, and that's cheap for business.
If you change planes in Canada but have no intention of remaining overnight, are there any Canadian gun permits to obtain?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,608
Members
168,914
Latest member
rr88accountant1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top