Fishing Addiction Group

Most of our fish are safely released.

Most of our fish are safely released.
Same here. Coupe of the NY steelhead we had to keep because they were going nuts on the flies at that small dam they were jumping. Kept getting it in their gills

A white marlin , they are both smaller than the others and more rare.

image.jpg

Same here. Coupe of the NY steelhead we had to keep because they were going nuts on the flies at that small dam they were jumping. Kept getting it in their gills
There are species that we keep and eat , but the fish not released are always for the pot .

Nice flounder. Since I don't have time to fish this summer, I'm currently waiting for a friend to bring me some flounder for the wife to try a few new recipes

Thanks Albert. That was a day it seemed we could do no wrong, very few throwbacks and the sea was flat as a pancake. A few days later fresh grilled flounder tacos were on the menu at home. To top it off we went out clamming afterward with a relative. Nice brookies up top, I would love to get after a few of that size with a fly rod. Being in PA, its a struggle to get em much above 6-7 inches in most native streams. Every once in a blue moon you see one. Guessing you get after some of the landlocked atlantic salmon too up there?

Thanks Albert. That was a day it seemed we could do no wrong, very few throwbacks and the sea was flat as a pancake. A few days later fresh grilled flounder tacos were on the menu at home. To top it off we went out clamming afterward with a relative. Nice brookies up top, I would love to get after a few of that size with a fly rod. Being in PA, its a struggle to get em much above 6-7 inches in most native streams. Every once in a blue moon you see one. Guessing you get after some of the landlocked atlantic salmon too up there?
Now you've done it! I want a grilled flounder taco!! We have a few places we can catch wild brookies up to 5lbs- all catch and release, flyfishing only. Some days it's good, some really not! Most places we get landlocks right along with them, but not usually much size to them. We used to have a place we caught 6-8lb salmon but those days are long gone. What they lack in size, they make up for in numbers- some days we get 20-30 in the 12-20in range. If you happen to make it up this way sometime let me know, we will see if we can scare something up. Sept is usually really good if we get rain

Now you've done it! I want a grilled flounder taco!! We have a few places we can catch wild brookies up to 5lbs- all catch and release, flyfishing only. Some days it's good, some really not! Most places we get landlocks right along with them, but not usually much size to them. We used to have a place we caught 6-8lb salmon but those days are long gone. What they lack in size, they make up for in numbers- some days we get 20-30 in the 12-20in range. If you happen to make it up this way sometime let me know, we will see if we can scare something up. Sept is usually really good if we get rain

I have heard some rumblings that the Rapid River is a place to see, my brother and I have often contemplated it. I would never ask you to confirm nor deny as a fellow fisherman.

And yeah the flounder taco is a killer meal, it was the first time I attempted to make them. I got a real treat coming soon, little brother just got into some Bluefin tuna down in Delaware yesterday, and isn't much of a fish eater.

There are species that we keep and eat , but the fish not released are always for the pot
Speaking of fish tacos, if you like to eat fish and want to fish mexico, you should go to south baja. They are heavy on the seafood and I never thought I'd have so many different kinds of fish tacos. I had- shark, marlin, shrimp, pargo, dorado, yellowtail, and many more I cant think of. Average meal I couldn't finish and cost about $11 USD with drinks

We got into blues here while shark fishing, talk about a busy day of fun- sadly that was before I developed a bad case of seasickness that only seems to get worse each time I go out now. If I go on the ocean at all now it's a mile out or less. Severely limits what you can catch here.

@bassasdaindia that is a trip high on my list, either Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, although I do have access to Massachusetts off the Stellwagen Bank and such at a closer drive. I used to fish cod with a captain that chased giants, his personal best was somewhere around 950lb. I think he would kite fish whole live legal size cod as bait. I hope you get into a monster!

Speaking of fish tacos, if you like to eat fish and want to fish mexico, you should go to south baja. They are heavy on the seafood and I never thought I'd have so many different kinds of fish tacos. I had- shark, marlin, shrimp, pargo, dorado, yellowtail, and many more I cant think of. Average meal I couldn't finish and cost about $11 USD with drinks

Man I would love to. Too many places to fish (and hunt for that matter) , not enough time and cash..

Man I would love to. Too many places to fish (and hunt for that matter) , not enough time and cash..
That was directed to @bassasdaindia as he had mentioned both wanting to go there and eating fish, and you talking about the flounder tacos got me thinking about it. However after having gone I do think it should be on any serious fisherman's list as the trip as a whole is a great experience. You probably should look into a bit before you shelve the idea, actually a pretty cheap trip, especially if you are smart and use the locals to fish. I'd love to go back but totally agree with you- too much to see and do to go back just yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ktman

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.