First trip, but not the last.....

If you had told me 5 years ago, I'd be addicted to anything; I would have laughed at you. I have been hunting and fishing in Texas most of my life and aspire to check off my boxes for western hunting one day, but nothing could have prepared me for my first African Safari. Africa captured my heart and imagination on my first trip in May 2022 the bush was still healthy and green, the game was challenging and rewarding, and the people were warm and friendly. I was even luckier to be able to share this first experience at just 24 years old with my dad! The success of this first trip can largely be attributed to the threads on this forum that I spent hours of my time every day researching to make sure everything went right, from importers, exporters, and gear I was able to research here, which I used to combine with the knowledge and experience of my PH. I want to thank all of the current members for their time and knowledge that they lend to us on these threads. I am excited to join this community today and look forward to growing in knowledge and experience alongside all of you and to hear some of your campfire stories. If you are in the Houston area, don't be afraid to reach out to connect as well!

View attachment 510189View attachment 510190View attachment 510193View attachment 510192View attachment 510194View attachment 510196
Congratulations on your hunt! Africa and her people have a way of crawling under your skin and then you,'re hooked! Welcome on AH!

Tuskless elephant in Zimbabwe. Not expensive and full of adrenaline.
I dream of being able to hunt all of the various countries, I'll definitely have to add that one to the list after I can get ahold of a .375 or .416 . I've been looking around for some bigger rifles but with no luck so far.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH, some beautiful animals and memories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross