First man-eaters !

Really amazing experience , thankyou for sharing with us....
You hunted 3 of the seven dangerous game species in the same Safari.... congratulations !!!!

The hipo looks really good.....
Jose

Friends ! Thanks for all comments. I really hope to have you, as my hunting friends, to Nhenda in future.
For your information, we are paying for an elephant or Lion hunt, less usd 40.000, incl croc, hippo and buffalo. Of cause we can hunt any plains game for very low prices at same time. Fishing is always free for all hunters !
See new web page. www.nhenda.com
New pictures and new film will be ready before end June.

That's one big croc! Do you have any pictures of the lioness showing the injuries? Did it affect the trophy?

Dear friend. Will see whats done with lioness when we return now i'n May. Don't believe any problems with trophy. Just got info from Moz that big pride of lions are just close to camp. I really hope they will stay another month !

great trophies...:happywave:

looking forward to seeing your new ones...:beer:

I'm sorry to say, but this story just raises a few questions with me.
The lioness to be hunted was mutilated by snares and the way you describe it was a PAC-hunt. Late call, off in 2 weeks, livestock and man-eating lioness.
Usually PAC-hunted animals are not eligible for export as trophy but I'm not fully aware of the Mozambican regulations about this.
Also, I've read quite a few warnings from various countries about PAC-hunts being illegally offered.
In this hunt a specific animal, snared and attacking human and livestock, was targeted. Yet the first lioness sighted is shot, nothing being told about it being the targeted animal. Also on the picture the animal looks to be in good condition, no signs of damage to the mouth, as told, or the neck (or other parts which could have been snared).
The lion tracks were picked up and then followed by car. When the lions were seen you got out of the car and walked 50m and shot the lion when the PH told you. In most countries in Southern Africa you are not to shoot within 250m from the car. Again, not sure about the Mozambican regulations on this, but I doubt it is much different.
But in a PAC-hunt this might be different.
Then immediately after the lioness is shot you need spotlights to find it, raising doubts about the time of the shooting. Pre- or post sunset? Even just after sunset you wouldn't immediately need a spotlight. It is illegal to shoot after dark.
Again, in a PAC-hunt this might be different.

In the current times, where lion hunting is under pressure of animal activists hunters should do their utmost best to be as ethical and legal as possible and stay away from anything illegal or any doubtful practices which might further threaten lion hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.