Finally upgrading my 375 h&h

Rob44, i wasn't able to see the pictures in the link you posted, it said they were not valid. Thanks Enysse!

Strange when I click on them their fine,,I wish I could get it fixed before my trip

Strange when I click on them their fine,,I wish I could get it fixed before my trip

Put you pics on your profile page first, then load them from there, it works better.

I ended up switching my Leupold scope out for a Zeiss HD5 in 2x10. I wanted to make my 375 a bit more of an all around gun. That being said, I really like how the 20 mm scope looks on the gun. I know it isn't about looks, but still. :)

I ended up switching my Leupold scope out for a Zeiss HD5 in 2x10. I wanted to make my 375 a bit more of an all around gun. That being said, I really like how the 20 mm scope looks on the gun. I know it isn't about looks, but still. :)
Tests have Proved that a better looking Gun shoots better than an Ugly Looking gun:)

Tests have Proved that a better looking Gun shoots better than an Ugly Looking gun:)

Sweet....

I will show this to my wife as I try to explain why I really NEED an ornate double rifle. ;)

Sweet....

I will show this to my wife as I try to explain why I really NEED an ornate double rifle. ;)

Let us know how that works out ! LOL

I like your thought process Rob;)

Let us know how that works out ! LOL

I know a double rifle will work on a pissed off elephant. I'm not so sure on a pissed off wife. The wife is much more dangerous!!!

I know a double rifle will work on a pissed off elephant. I'm not so sure on a pissed off wife. The wife is much more dangerous!!!

No argument there!!!

Spoken with Wisdom and experience no doubt

I'm finally getting around to upgrading my cz 550 375 h&h. I just got a new necg white bead front sight fitted and installed and am going to be ordering a leupold vx-3 1.5-5x20 within the next couple days. I think im going to go with the duplex reticle and mounted with warne qd rings. I'm excited to finally be getting the rifle hunting ready. At some point i think i will send it out to AHR and have them do their number 2 upgrade package on it. Although it will be some time before i take it to Africa, i hope to do some preliminary testing with it on black bears and wild boars. I will be sure to post pictures when its ready to go. Feel free to chime in with any other advice or experiences with the optics and reticles or anything else i may be forgetting.

Thanks,
Voodooracer

Hi I had my CZ 550 in 375 H&H done by AHR with their upgrade #1 (straighten and fill bolt, match grade single stage trigger, 3 Pos M70 style safety) and was very pleased. Of course I then had it rechambered to 500 Jeffery (still wonder about that sometimes lol). I have the Leupold VX3 1.5-5x scope on it with Talley QRs. It's held up to 400 plus rounds of full power 500 Jeffery rounds. I'm very happy with it, you will be too.

Here's a bad picture of a nice rifle...

Attachments

• 500Jefferyturretcartridgesmaxipadsm.jpg
    500Jefferyturretcartridgesmaxipadsm.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 123
Just got my 375 back from a Spa treatment,,had the creep and over travel removed breaks sharp, at 4LBs pull,Bolt polished, Feed ramp polished ,any and all Factory Burrs removed, a light application of Frog Lube ,ready for the range before i do the Africa Thing

I don't know what Frog Lube is, but it sounds very wrong ...

I don't know what Frog Lube is, but it sounds very wrong ...

OMG that was funny....

Frog Lube is actually some pretty good stuff. The AR15 guys love it. One of the cool things is that the carbon seems to stay on top of it, so when cleaning it just wipes off, then put a little more lube on.

Thanks Colorado, I have seen your rifle on a couple other posts on here and that is a gorgeous rifle! At some point I'm hoping to add one like that in either 500 Jeffrey or 505 Gibbs. I'm hoping to finally be able to sight the rifle in in the next few days weather permitting

Congrats again Voodooracer, Wayne at AHR does very nice work, the CZ is a very accurate very solid rilfe, you won't be sorry. The boys are taking their 270s prairie dog shooting in a couple of weeks, I believe I'll have to bring the 500 Jeffery and we'll have to digitally video record it. Should be epic.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm definitely looking to send my cz in 375 h&h as well as my cz in 458 lott to AHR and im thinking about getting their number 2 upgrades on both rifles. I'm already very impressed with both rifles so far and can't wait to do some hunting with them. Oh wow that will definitely be epic haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg