Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Rob44, i wasn't able to see the pictures in the link you posted, it said they were not valid. Thanks Enysse!

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Strange when I click on them their fine,,I wish I could get it fixed before my trip

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Strange when I click on them their fine,,I wish I could get it fixed before my trip

Put you pics on your profile page first, then load them from there, it works better.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
I ended up switching my Leupold scope out for a Zeiss HD5 in 2x10. I wanted to make my 375 a bit more of an all around gun. That being said, I really like how the 20 mm scope looks on the gun. I know it isn't about looks, but still. :)

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
I ended up switching my Leupold scope out for a Zeiss HD5 in 2x10. I wanted to make my 375 a bit more of an all around gun. That being said, I really like how the 20 mm scope looks on the gun. I know it isn't about looks, but still. :)
Tests have Proved that a better looking Gun shoots better than an Ugly Looking gun:)

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Tests have Proved that a better looking Gun shoots better than an Ugly Looking gun:)

Sweet....

I will show this to my wife as I try to explain why I really NEED an ornate double rifle. ;)

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
Sweet....

I will show this to my wife as I try to explain why I really NEED an ornate double rifle. ;)

Let us know how that works out ! LOL

BnC 04

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, RMEF, DU, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States

I like your thought process Rob;)

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Let us know how that works out ! LOL

I know a double rifle will work on a pissed off elephant. I'm not so sure on a pissed off wife. The wife is much more dangerous!!!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
I know a double rifle will work on a pissed off elephant. I'm not so sure on a pissed off wife. The wife is much more dangerous!!!

No argument there!!!

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Spoken with Wisdom and experience no doubt

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I'm finally getting around to upgrading my cz 550 375 h&h. I just got a new necg white bead front sight fitted and installed and am going to be ordering a leupold vx-3 1.5-5x20 within the next couple days. I think im going to go with the duplex reticle and mounted with warne qd rings. I'm excited to finally be getting the rifle hunting ready. At some point i think i will send it out to AHR and have them do their number 2 upgrade package on it. Although it will be some time before i take it to Africa, i hope to do some preliminary testing with it on black bears and wild boars. I will be sure to post pictures when its ready to go. Feel free to chime in with any other advice or experiences with the optics and reticles or anything else i may be forgetting.

Thanks,
Voodooracer

Hi I had my CZ 550 in 375 H&H done by AHR with their upgrade #1 (straighten and fill bolt, match grade single stage trigger, 3 Pos M70 style safety) and was very pleased. Of course I then had it rechambered to 500 Jeffery (still wonder about that sometimes lol). I have the Leupold VX3 1.5-5x scope on it with Talley QRs. It's held up to 400 plus rounds of full power 500 Jeffery rounds. I'm very happy with it, you will be too.

Here's a bad picture of a nice rifle...

Attachments

• 500Jefferyturretcartridgesmaxipadsm.jpg
    500Jefferyturretcartridgesmaxipadsm.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 60

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Just got my 375 back from a Spa treatment,,had the creep and over travel removed breaks sharp, at 4LBs pull,Bolt polished, Feed ramp polished ,any and all Factory Burrs removed, a light application of Frog Lube ,ready for the range before i do the Africa Thing

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I don't know what Frog Lube is, but it sounds very wrong ...

OMG that was funny....

Frog Lube is actually some pretty good stuff. The AR15 guys love it. One of the cool things is that the carbon seems to stay on top of it, so when cleaning it just wipes off, then put a little more lube on.

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Thanks Colorado, I have seen your rifle on a couple other posts on here and that is a gorgeous rifle! At some point I'm hoping to add one like that in either 500 Jeffrey or 505 Gibbs. I'm hoping to finally be able to sight the rifle in in the next few days weather permitting

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Congrats again Voodooracer, Wayne at AHR does very nice work, the CZ is a very accurate very solid rilfe, you won't be sorry. The boys are taking their 270s prairie dog shooting in a couple of weeks, I believe I'll have to bring the 500 Jeffery and we'll have to digitally video record it. Should be epic.

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm definitely looking to send my cz in 375 h&h as well as my cz in 458 lott to AHR and im thinking about getting their number 2 upgrades on both rifles. I'm already very impressed with both rifles so far and can't wait to do some hunting with them. Oh wow that will definitely be epic haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WadeAllen7

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh