Fill this Rifle Gap

A 8x68S fills every gap!

HWL

I feel like bringing life back to the 318 is worth the effort to source components
If you reload, it’s really just finding the bullets or waiting for Woodleigh to make them again. I have 3 WR 318s and a WR 280 Ross. The Ross is harder to keep fed. If you’re a real glutton for punishment, venture into the 6.5 kurz mauser or 242 Vickers/Manton/rimless nitro express. The 242 has nothing in common with anything.

If you reload, it’s really just finding the bullets or waiting for Woodleigh to make them again. I have 3 WR 318s and a WR 280 Ross. The Ross is harder to keep fed. If you’re a real glutton for punishment, venture into the 6.5 kurz mauser or 242 Vickers/Manton/rimless nitro express. The 242 has nothing in common with anything.
If you ever want to part with the Ross, let me know!

The 242 sounds a bit like a 348 Win. IIRC that was only produced for the Model 71 and nothing else and nothing else is using .348 components.

You have no holes, at least not ones that aren't impolite to mention... you just bought yourself a couple ski poles, or tomato stakes, or ???

You have no holes, at least not ones that aren't impolite to mention... you just bought yourself a couple ski poles, or tomato stakes, or ???
Worse comes to worse, and I make two Swedes, one for each of my boys

You have no varmint calibers. 22-250?
We don’t have gophers around here, and I see no need to shoot coyotes for doing coyote things. I may pop one if I’m out and need to fire off a round, but to set up and call some in isn’t my thing.

Good morning Gents,

I have a problem that only the AH Enablers can solve.

I picked up two barreled actions last night. One is a 6.5x55 built on a Mod 98, and the other is a 8x57 built on a Husquvarna. I need help to come up with ideas for the 8mm. Here’s my current stable:

-6.5x54
-280 Ross
-7x57
-30-06
-300H&H
-8x57
-8x68s
-375H&H
-450/400
-505 Gibbs

Right now I leaning towards 6.5x57 or 68s, maybe 318WR, or even another Ross (280 Rimless). Based on your guys’ tendencies I know the 9.3x62 and 35 Whelen, or even 404 flags will be coming out strong! We all know how much members love spending others members money, so let me hear what INTERESTING cartridge you’d build with my money.
318WR - just a fantastic cartridge . 250 grain pills . Consider yourself enabled .

Good morning Gents,

I have a problem that only the AH Enablers can solve.

I picked up two barreled actions last night. One is a 6.5x55 built on a Mod 98, and the other is a 8x57 built on a Husquvarna. I need help to come up with ideas for the 8mm. Here’s my current stable:

-6.5x54
-280 Ross
-7x57
-30-06
-300H&H
-8x57
-8x68s
-375H&H
-450/400
-505 Gibbs

Right now I leaning towards 6.5x57 or 68s, maybe 318WR, or even another Ross (280 Rimless). Based on your guys’ tendencies I know the 9.3x62 and 35 Whelen, or even 404 flags will be coming out strong! We all know how much members love spending others members money, so let me hear what INTERESTING cartridge you’d build with my money.
@Aaron N
Only 2 gaps to fill, either a nice 25 cal and a 35 Whelen.
Do you expect me to say anything else.
Bob

Looks like you have the 8mm’s covered.

Why not go smaller with a quarter bore? Maybe a 25-06 or 257WBY to fill that gap below 6.5mm.

EDIT - Apologies, you said interesting… How about a 257ROB or 257ROB-IMPROVED?
@BeeMaa
Don't tell me you have seen the 25 light mate. You amaze me
Bob

Yup I think the 9.3x62 fills a gap ....Nice shortish range heavy bullet for playing in the thicker bush and woods
@spike.t
A nice Whelen. Heavy bullet for playing in the bush and a 225gn for longer range smack em down.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you