Federal 500 NE 3"

matt85

AH legend
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
4,877
Location
WA, USA
Media
30
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
I'm wondering if any one has tried Federals ammunition in their 500 NE? they offer 3 different loads with three very different bullets. my big question is, do these three loads regulate together?

it would seem like these three loads would have completely different points of impact given how different the bullets are.

thank you
-Matt
 
Sounds like you will be ordering some expensive ammo to test out your theory Matt!
 
lol im not that brave, i was hoping someone had already tried it.

they offer some very nice bullets and i would like to hope they would regulate but i strongly suspect they do not. i emailed Federal when i made this post and got a response back just now reaffirming my suspicions. here is Federal's response to my question:

That is entirely gun dependent, if it is a double rifle it will most likely have to be regulated to a particular load.

Thanks
Federal
MS

-matt
 
As you thought Matt!
I shot Pieter's 500 NE Blaser and it had a good thump to it....but the Hornady rounds were dead on!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,245
Members
169,308
Latest member
ClaudiaRig
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top