Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

The Spaniards (or at least the Catalans) have a good saying: ‘God gave him the gift of stupidity.’
"I can't fix stupid but I can fix what stupid does." my t shirt.
What goes around comes around.

But America is great for a reason. It is looked up to, despite all the criticism, for a reason. There is a nobility in the American character that has been developed over the centuries, derived in part no doubt from the frontier spirit, from the waves of migration that form the stock, from the circumstances of independence, from the civil war, from a myriad of historical facts and coincidences. But it is there.

That nobility isn’t about being nicer, better or more successful than anyone else. It is a feeling about the country. It is a devotion to the American ideal that at a certain point transcends class, race, religion or upbringing. That ideal is about values: freedom, rule of law, democracy. It is also about the way you achieve: on merit, by your own efforts and hard work. But it is, most of all, that in striving for and protecting that ideal, you as an individual take second place to the interest of the nation as a whole. It is what makes the country determined to overcome its challenges. It is what makes its soldiers give their lives in sacrifice. It is what brings every variety of American, from the lowest to the highest, to their feet when “The Star Spangled Banner” is played. Of course the ideal is not always met – that is obvious. But it is always striven for. - Tony Blair

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them - work, family, health, friends and spirit - and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls - family, health, friends and spirit - are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. Brian Dyson, President of Coca Cola (1978-1994)

“Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth.” - Steve Allen

But America is great for a reason. It is looked up to, despite all the criticism, for a reason. There is a nobility in the American character that has been developed over the centuries, derived in part no doubt from the frontier spirit, from the waves of migration that form the stock, from the circumstances of independence, from the civil war, from a myriad of historical facts and coincidences. But it is there.

That nobility isn’t about being nicer, better or more successful than anyone else. It is a feeling about the country. It is a devotion to the American ideal that at a certain point transcends class, race, religion or upbringing. That ideal is about values: freedom, rule of law, democracy. It is also about the way you achieve: on merit, by your own efforts and hard work. But it is, most of all, that in striving for and protecting that ideal, you as an individual take second place to the interest of the nation as a whole. It is what makes the country determined to overcome its challenges. It is what makes its soldiers give their lives in sacrifice. It is what brings every variety of American, from the lowest to the highest, to their feet when “The Star Spangled Banner” is played. Of course the ideal is not always met – that is obvious. But it is always striven for. - Tony Blair

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them - work, family, health, friends and spirit - and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls - family, health, friends and spirit - are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. Brian Dyson, President of Coca Cola (1978-1994)

“Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth.” - Steve Allen
We need to get back to where we merit the first quote..

Money cannot buy happiness but its more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle

John Wayne

Money cannot buy happiness but its more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle

John Wayne
@Rob404
My brother philosophy is money can't buy happiness but at least you can take your choice if miseries
Bob

Tell them to "eat shit and run rabbits" - my grandmother

"Born-Again" Christian, but no BS!
@Safari Dave
A couple of Australian sayings for you from unknown.
Life is like a public hair on a toilet seat.
Sooner or later it's going to get pissed off

Life is like a shit sandwich, the more bread you have the less shit you eat

Some jobs are like smoking a joint, the harder you suck the higher you get
Bob

I don’t need to shoot farther, I need to hunt closer.
- Gary Sitton

The light at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train.
- David Lee Roth

There is a difference between valuable and expensive.
#Ragman
If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel get off your arse and go and turn it on.
Australian cattle woman Sarah Henderson
Bob

You don’t know what you don’t know, life is what happens while your making plans, I’m an optimist I don’t know where I’m going but I am on my way, It is better to have more lightening in the hand and less thunder in the mouth,

Life is for the living! Langston Hughes.
I've added "you can rest when your dead"
Semantics, but I prefer the following variation:
Live while you live, then die and be done with.
- John Gunther

“Son. God told the Prophets to push against the stone. He didn’t say they had to move it.” - my Dad. (*sometimes, we‘re just supposed to speak up. Doesn’t mean we’re right or wrong…)

“Son. God told the Prophets to push against the stone. He didn’t say they had to move it.” - my Dad. (*sometimes, we‘re just supposed to speak up. Doesn’t mean we’re right or wrong…)
"We are expected to do anything instantly. The impossible takes a few minutes." US Navy Seabees.

"We've done so much for so long with so little we're expected to do anything with nothing." US Navy Seabees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrvalAndre

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.