Fat bear week

DieJager

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,056
Media
38
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Netherlands, Portugal, Senegal, South Africa[NW], USA [FL]

As an European I am an avid consumer of American news. Just love reading politics etc But articles like this make my day.

That is a giant bear. Even your bears are.....:censored: ;)
 
As an avid black bear hunter, it is great to see animals of that size. I’m sure they will make it through the winter without any problems. You would have a lifetime supply of lard if you were lucky enough to harvest such a monster, as well as a pretty nice rug.
 
A couple of years ago I took a 425lb black bear. I rendered some of the fat and ended up with something like 25 pints of finished product. My boots, belts, slings, and anything leather will be happy for a long long time. Even cook with it occasionally.

This is the guy...

Bear (3).JPG
 
A couple of years ago I took a 425lb black bear. I rendered some of the fat and ended up with something like 25 pints of finished product. My boots, belts, slings, and anything leather will be happy for a long long time. Even cook with it occasionally.

This is the guy...

View attachment 494083

Wow that is one heck of a bear.
 
You really need to watch the videos to appreciate how fat some of those bears are. Normally a lot leaner when I see them.

That area is a uniquely good place to see bears. Haven't spent the money for it yet but it looks cool.
 

The live cam at Katmai National Park can be quite interesting
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,372
Messages
1,574,421
Members
170,039
Latest member
XMG8195830
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top