Experience with Nosler Accubonds

I mentioned my brothers 200 inch mule deer and here is my mtn goat-I’ve told that story on here before. Both killed with my Remington 700 in .300 wm and 180 accubond @3050 fps. Both were spine shots and both roughly 300 yards. Bullets passed through and animals anchored, dead before we got to them. took the goat in the days before rifle upgrades were made-weird, it even worked back then.
View attachment 374761View attachment 374762
Same rifle we shared in South Africa but we used 200 gr trophy bonded bear claws that trip-the original ones, before the company was bought and the bullets re engineered-But not improved.
That is one gorgeous mule deer. Congratulations!
 
Last report for this year on my accubond use. Managed a nice island blacktail, new 6.5 creed was blooded, one 130 grain 6.5 accubond at about 120 yds and buck dropped and never moved. No bullet recovered again. Accubonds proved without doubt again this year that I do not need to look further for any other bullet. At least for me in calibers I use. Now come July I will start another test, this time in SA on a long awaited for Covid delayed safari.

MB
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,603
Members
168,913
Latest member
JanaHollwa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top