Euro vs shoulder

As you arrive in Harare airport there are rwo full body mounts, a buffalo and a rhino. Ind in departures a full lion male. The lion is encased in glass so he is still fully intact. The buffalo has had his ears a little scuffed by kids, but considering the number of people around him he looks good. The rhino is fully intact except for several scratch markes on the horn, exposing fibfe glass fortunately!
well done to the airport people though, I must find out who put the mounts there and thank them.

There are a few but I like the pedestals. I built them for the animal that is on them. I had my buf on the wall but it was over a door and too high to be noticed. I had no space big enough for the eland on a wall so he had to go on the floor. I have some wall space left if I go on another hunt.
All of those mounts are very very nice but that full body springbok is too cool. Will have to do one like that one day!

A good mix of Shoulder, Half, Full and Euro Mounts. That's what I believe a good trophy room should contain.

Your space is much larger than mine; however, as others have said, save the large spaces for special animals - either age, characteristics or an aspect of the hunt. I have 4 shoulder mounts: Elk (21 mile horse back ride just to get to camp and scored 348 - lifetime bull), Kudu (last day of first safari in Zimbabwe, bad shot, tracked for 6 hours then got it) and a Zebra/Sable (double pedestal after missing numerous animals due to buck fever in Mozambique). Eland, Impala, Bushbuck, Lichtenstein Hardebeest, Reedbuck and 2 Cape buffalo are all Euros and I love the mix.

Taxidermy looks so nice.... if you have the space, which I don´t.

So it´s only euro-mounts for me, and when I have more than one of the same species I give it my grandson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross